P3 Firmware Anyone upgrade to RC firmware 1.8.0 yet?

Tried the 1.8 rc update. I got camera view but no rc connection. Rolled back to 1.5.8 and had a perfect flight today.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Tried the 1.8 rc update. I got camera view but no rc connection. Rolled back to 1.5.8 and had a perfect flight today.

I suggest anyone using an Android devise DO NOT do the 1.8 controller update. After doing so the video on my device is full of garble, horrible and unusable. Have been told that DJI is aware of this problem but with this Mavic craze going on it may be some time before we see this bug swatted. donnie

Hi Rich, I let my Mrs have a go to film a beautiful misty dawn, she said she was having problems, no proper menu screen, no audio telling you everything is fine. So, like a typical male asked her what the hell had she done! I took a look at things and remembered I updated the R/C the last time I used it. Hopefully there will be some explanation before long. regardless of the Mavic craze, to me the Phantom 4 is still a far better quad . At least the Mrs is off the hook. Take notice DJI.

How do you roll back to older firmware? I am using 1.6.8 and having all kinds of weak signal and RC lost issues

Here you go ...

Downgrading RC firmware.
You can revert to previous RC fw versions by means of a special option on the dji go app front page. Keep the the icon top right hand side (see photo) pressed for a few seconds and let go. You will have options to revert to different versions.

http://www.phantompilots.com/index.php?posts/968897/

Just thought I'd give some feedback on the latest RC firmware and GO app. It worked fine on my P3A and Galaxy Tab E tablet today. No issues with range. There was some glitches in the video feed, but only a couple of times during the flight. No big deal. I would suggest to others to go ahead with the update. Seems like the controls were more precise and responsive, but maybe it was just a placebo effect lol. If it screws up your RC, you could always step back to older FW version.

I suggest anyone using an Android devise DO NOT do the 1.8 controller update. After doing so the video on my device is full of garble, horrible and unusable. Have been told that DJI is aware of this problem but with this Mavic craze going on it may be some time before we see this bug swatted. donnie

Same here, unusable, had to faff about and now on 3.1.3 and RC 1.6. Still not good but at least Litchi is looking ok

My phantom 3 pro My nexus my DJI go app keeps telling me my RC needs update 1.8.0 So I updated it. every time I hook the RC up to my tablet it keeps say I need to up date 1.8.0 I look into my firmware it say its been up dated. But it keeps telling me to update. Also try to down grade the firmware on the remote control it did not work. Now Im getting a Error message FPGA what the heck going on.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj