Anyone seeing less FPV range after 1.2.6 firmware update?

Anyone seeing less FPV range after updating their firmware to anything above 1.1.9?

• Yes

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • No

Votes: 14 45.2%

• Total voters
I did not do a formal test, but in my neighborhood I felt like I got significantly better signal performance and much better range. I got better range with the wifi on than I did with 1.1.9 and the wifi off.

Just got my P3P last week and upgrded to 1.2.6 before I ever flew it. I can't compare, but only get about 1,200 ft before I start getting connection warning signals. I'm Colorado and wide open unobstructed space. You can see 100 miles, yet doesn't get close to flying the distance of 1.2 miles they advertise. Using a samsung 8.4 pro and good streaming up till 1,200 ft out.
Other than the distance it flies very well.

Obviously, solar activity, and any other electromagnetism source / obstacles can vary from day to day and location to location... however, has anyone else noticed that when using a phone vs a tablet (both in airplane mode), they get better range?

I've noticed while using my iPad Air, that when I get nearly 1 mile away I get sporadic dropped video feed, and signal strength warnings, even though signal strength and video feed shows full bars in between warning flashes. However, the very few times I've used my iPhone 6+, I don't get those issues. Today, I used my iPhone again, and flew out to 1.75 miles and never lost the video feed once or got a low signal warning. I got chicken about flying further out as winds were pretty strong today, and going further meant rising terrain.

Not only am I now experiencing FPV drop outs where I wasn't before, but also losing RC signal quicker. Has anyone contacted Dji to let them know that there could possibly minor issues in the last updated software that was released? Also, can we reload the previous software version?

Good evening, today I made a flight and tried to go far away, but when it came around the 400 meters disappeared the radio signal and video totally and the Phantom 3 returned automatically to my feet. Congratulations on safety factor and my feelings about the negative marketing that DJI causes these problems.

Looks like I just cast the tie-breaker vote. Today I got the Weak Signal warning 3 times over 4 flights, only being approx 100ft behind me at 200ft alt. I've done most all of my flights here at this park since getting it, and this is the first time I've seen the warning. I initially thought it was the 1.2.0 Pilot App i had just updated to, but I now think it's the 1.2.6 firmware. I didn't really worry about it too much, and kept on flying. I ended up going a lot farther behind me, out to over 600ft behind me and it flew fine.

I spent the entire day yesterday with DJI, I have not been able to fly since i received mine in May, if flew but erratically with every problem known on these sites. I flew it 5 times, and sent them the FLYxxx.DAT files. The finished off saying they will get back to me, which they have said on several occasions... I will post replies...

Anyone wanting to push this issue should do it now. You will need a mega account to upload files to so that they can investigate.

Fortunately it showed all the problems every single flight. I flew it from a number of locations to rule out any specific area anomalies.

When they came back to say they could not see the problem, I sent them a screen recording (mobizen) of the flight showing the errors as they happen and also the flight record screen record.

At 400 it lost signal completely and did return to me.

My fpv goes bad at a little over a kilometer in a opened field, granted I was flying low at around 70 meters altitude.
I'm in the EU.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31