Anyone purchased gimbal camera board from eBay?

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a phantom 3 adv with a dodgy gimbal camera board. It's only the small connector that the ribbon cable goes into that's broken. eBay seller offering one for 3A but says it was removed off a Mavic air. Did the Mavic Air share the same gimbal board?? They certainly don't look the same camera or gimbal. I would order one, but at £76 it's a bit of a gamble if the board is not correct. Link to eBay item from international seller
Thanks for any advice (unless you suggest sending to DJI)

Since the link takes me to ebay UK, I assume you are UK based. At that price you will most likely get clobbered by both HMRC for import duty and RM for their collection fee and RM WILL NOT release the goods from the sorting office until all charges have been paid.
That's aside from any question as to whether or not a Mavic Air board is compatible with a P3 adv and about which I have not got a clue. I'd suggest you try and find one in the UK

Have ordered boards on eBay, even international. Keep looking if not Exactly same. Got one Mon, installed yesterday, no good, got refund today. It happens. Make sure they have nearly 100% rating for support and refunds offered. Good luck.

Not easy, but the tab that came off, can be reinstalled. Fine tweezers and magnifying glass. IF the base is not cracked and the lock tab still has any nubs left on it. Good luck.

It wasn't just the brown tab that was broken, the holder sides are gone. Tried epoxy but did not work.
It works if I jam a small piece of acetate across the terminals for a short time but the vibration must move it. It's a shame as the very reason I bought the phantom was to take great video from sky. Camera and gimbal are the DJI Achilles heel.
I am about to strip the gimbal again, but this time I will try and glue the acetate to the back side of the ribbon cable then jam the cable in (hopefully)
Still don't won't to order the gimbal board from eBay until someone can 100% say if Air and Phantom shared the same board. I personally don't think they are the same, but not having access to an Air means I have no proof.
Cheers for now.

Hard to believe no Phantom 3 boards available. Bought for P4P recently saw many choices and models. Took a month but bought from china. AlliEx. It works

He said he lives in Scotland. I’ll PM him.
Thanks for the reply KachemakDiver. Looked up your location and that looks like a beautiful part of the world you live in. Depends on the price you were thinking of for the board would be the deciding factor if it is viable to pay postage. I would rather wait the length of time it would take, rather than hand money to a Chinese conman that claims boards are from an almost new crashed Mavic.
Will look for your PM.
Thanks again
Charlie

Reactions: Capt KO
I've just finished installing one in a P3s. I got the board from Aliexpress and it was identical to the original board. You can check the part number P01069 .07
IMG_20200514_200020.jpg

Waiting patiently on Lelands board to arrive, get it fitted and hope our Covid lockdown ends soon so I can eventually get out and get some footage.
Douglas - What happened with that old board did a battery burst on it, where has the brown marks came from?

The board in the photo was a replacement for a dead board. The brown marks are molten plastic from the burning yaw motor flexicable that runs over the top of the board. Worse damage is near the board centre. The board smoked when I was updating the firmware which you probably have to do. I did not appreciate how sensitive these boards are to temperature and there was the further complication that the yaw motor may have previously been damaged. The latest board and motor were updated with two small fans blowing and the windows open on a day at 8 degC. That worked. The actual firmware installation time was probably less than 5 minutes. there is a possibility you will have to realign the yaw motor afterwards by moving the magnet or even grinding the flat on the shaft to a different angle to suit. Either way is tedious but it is all do-able.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers