Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. Speedmeister

I am trying to find away to mount the ballmount of the mavmount onto the phantom RC but I lack the know how or equipment for such a project. I emailed the manufacturer but doesnt show any interest. The mavmount on a phantom RC should shift the weight of a 10.5 ipad with a sunhood more on the center. Easier to grip when not exerting finger pressure to keep RC from tilting forward. Perfect for anyone with a huge aftermarket antennae.

Attached Files:

2. Paul2660

I would consider buying an extender for your current Obsidian remote. It will easily allow the current mount to take the taller iPad pro. I don't think the Mav Mount will move over to your Phantom, without major surgery. P4 Pro remote extender will not put the iPad as low as the Mav Mount does on the Mavic controller, however I use both the full Hoodman setup and a 3 sided screen protector on my P4's with the iPad and so far no problems with balance. The extenders tend to only be in white however but I use it on my Obsidian.

Paul C

3. BigAl07

BigAl07 Moderator
    Staff Member

I own (and use daily) a MavMount and like it a lot. With that being said it's not the right tool for your problem. Do a search and you'll see many mounts available for Phantom Transmitters. No need to reinvent the wheel if you don't have to :)