Anyone in Wisconsin?

HEy, I had a program from the Gillett Harvest Festival from August of 1916. The did a balloon flight as one of the attractions, so on the 100th anniversary in 2016, at the exact same time, I went to the park and "re-enacted" the flight with my P3. Nothing to get too excited about, but here it is: YouTube

Cool stuff. Thanks for sharing

Nice area. I've flown around the Redgranite quarries. Good place to get some footage.

I've spent many a summer day swimming, SCUBA diving, and partying at those quarries, but don't think I've ever seen them in winter. Maybe the main one in town, but definitely none of the others.

All the other quarries are now off limits. You have had to been at them to find them. In the spring when the ice is thawing looks really interesting.

I know. One is leased by some Dive Shop in Appleton and you have to pay to use it. We used to call that Aardvark Quarry because of the graffiti on the cliff. The larger one next to it, I think, is owned and someone lives in that big granite building. In the late '70s and early '80s, we could drive right up to the edges of either of them. Aardvark was one of my favorited places to be.

From MeetUp.com

Monday, March 18, 2019
Monthly MKE-DUG meetup
Peter Menet
Hosted by Peter Menet

From Milwaukee Drones User Group
Public group

Monday, March 18, 2019 6:00PM

Football field South of Linwood Water Treatment Facility
3000 N Lincoln Memorial Dr.
Milwaukee, WI

Join us the 3rd Monday of each month for the monthly Milwaukee Drone User's Group (MKE-DUG) meetup! During this regular meetup we will primarily focus on talking technology, the UAS industry, or any other subject that interests our members. This meeting is typically not a flying event. Members are encouraged to contact me or post events to the discussion section when they know of one occurring. We look forward to seeing you at our next meeting!

I'm in Hartford. Not far at all. Lots of good spots in the general area for flying/video.

Nice area. I've flown around some of the quarries in Redgranite and Lohrville. Also at the Archery Golf course in Mt. Morris. Nice part of the state for aerial video.

Reactions: Razoraerial

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4