Anyone in the Kansas City Area?

BMc

Reaction score
I am curious to see how many people are in the KC area. Would love to meet up at a park or something.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Yep, I'm in Lenexa as well close to the I35 435 interchange. I have a P3 Pro in the mail which is a bit of an upgrade from the old syma x5c-1 that I've been practicing with. I hear Shawnee Mission Park has some nice places to fly so I will likely be checking that out soon!

Any good tips on where to fly in KC? Looking for wide open spaces where my son could also run his little quad while I man the Phantom. I was just at Shawnee mission Park and did not really find what I was looking for. I did run into a really cool guy who told me he had a phantom as well, and got hassled in the past by the park police who told him not to fly it in the park.

Anyway, unpopulated, open, and free of drama is the ask. I'm down in South OP for point of reference. Thanks!

Im in Topeka. Met up with a group in Wichita last month. Had a blast! Always looking for people to fly with.

I have my P3A in route, and it should be here in about 10 days or so. I would really enjoy meeting up with some of you guys around my first flight so I can get help and tips as I set off on my new venture with this drone! I live in KCK, and have plotted an area at Wyandotte Co. Lake that looks good if nothing else works out here. Maybe a little once a month meetup with some of us here would be good!?

Any new updates on people meeting up here in KC? FINALLY got my bird in and have a few flights in on her. Would love to meet some seasoned flyers and meet up for a few flights!

The group in Wichita is talking about doing something soon... Maybe finding a place everyone could meet near the middle. If anyone would be interested in a little drive time? Maybe Cassoday

I have a P3P otw and live in Prairie Village. I have a Parrot AR but this is in a whole different league. I was thinking of SM Park as well. They have a dedicated RC field and I play disc golf there with friends and would like to shoot it.

I used to fly 1/10 scale airplanes out there way back in the day. Helped them lay the tarmak down and everything! I heard one member on here say that the park "police" gave him a hard time last time he was there though. Guess if we're at the airfield there isn't much they can say though, as long as there isn't a large group there.

Reactions: Hummer
SM Park wouldnt be too bad for me.. An hour drive is a nice drive. And I love shooting at lakes.

I flew out there the other day without any issues. Talked with a park police and he mentioned that I might need to have it registered at the visitor station or something of the sort. He didn't seem to know what the actual rules were either.

The easy solution.. would be to fly from somewhere other than the air field. Arial photography is not banned anywhere in Kansas except in National Parks, of which I dont think we even have.

I am from De Soto Kansas I fly my p3p out by the Old abandon sunflower ammunition plant toward De Soto and Eudora not over the sunflower plant by the way . it is mostly farmland out there was very few houses so no interference and I have made it almost 4 Miles straight out and then return back to me on a windy day all line of sight there is the Kansas river out that direction to fly over and plenty of farmland and being out in the country you do not get Wi-Fi interference even that I have the 32 channel mod anyways

I used to fly RC planes and helicopters over at Shawnee Mission Park you have to have AMA insurance to fly there and also I quit flying there years ago when they made it mandatory that you had to become a club member and pay a yearly fee to fly there so I discontinued flying there. I do not know if they change their policy since then.

I live in Westwood, KS. No issues, so far, flying around here and nearby, but like everything else that's bound to change...:(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic