Anyone flying around Perdido Key, or Pensacola, Florida?

Look in or start a post in this section.

I'm in Perdido Key for a couple of months, looking for other droners in the area to find good spots to fly.
Use B4UFly app. Much of the air space is restricted due to NAS Pensacola and Gulf Shores National Seashore. Also Florida prohibits flying on State controlled lands. I would take FL 292 into Alabama and fly the beaches. I don't think Alabama restricts drone flying like Florida does.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rog-0
On my list is Plaza De Luna on the bay and the fishing pier at Wayside Park. Both require Class C authorization. I have received authorization in the past but could not fly due to weather.
Maybe we could hook up and fly these locations.

Use B4UFly app. Much of the air space is restricted due to NAS Pensacola and Gulf Shores National Seashore. Also Florida prohibits flying on State controlled lands. I would take FL 292 into Alabama and fly the beaches. I don't think Alabama restricts drone flying like Florida does.

Alabama sounds good. Will check it out. NAS flight path is very close here, but might also be a problem in AL due to airports and helo pads. May have to venture farther north.
Beach flying is questionable since north of the high tide line is considered private. My P4P told me she doesn't like salt water under her feet!! Just got her and will get more flying time before venturing over the Gulf.
I have been flying at the old soccer field next to Win-Dixie. I can go up to 200 ft.....at least I could last year. When the weather cooperates, will try that again. There is an Osprey nest at the north end of the field. I like to stay far away from them!
Thanks...

On my list is Plaza De Luna on the bay and the fishing pier at Wayside Park. Both require Class C authorization. I have received authorization in the past but could not fly due to weather.
Maybe we could hook up and fly these locations.

Might be difficult flying downtown, but would be a wonderful place for photos and video.
Will have to check it out.
What drone are you flying?

Might be difficult flying downtown, but would be a wonderful place for photos and video.
Will have to check it out.
What drone are you flying?
Phantom 4 standard.
City of Pensacola does not have any regulations of their own. Just need to follow FL law, which is reasonable expectation of privacy.

Good to know. I will definitely go down there to fly. Great place for photos and video.
I still have my P4 back in IL. Just brought my P4P down here.

Reactions: TontoFAC

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.