Anyone fly RC planes/helicopters?

Reaction score
Just curious how many people fly rc planes/helis in addition to phantoms. Feel free to post your model(s)!

I fly an electric T28, nitro mustang, nitro trainer, electric apprentice, gas 3d flyer, and a night 3d flyer

I have 21 RC planes ranging from 1500mm Bixler foamy to 3.3 metre cub with an OS Pegasus 4 cyl nitro engine and my P3S and I love flying them all.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have flown helicopters since before gyros existed (talk about challenging) Hirobo and Kalt were the two main manufactures and electric flight was just a dream.
When kids and family commitments became too great my personal air force got culled and now I only fly quads , mostly for photography rather than just the joy of flying.

Sent from my LG-D855 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: QuadcopterCrazy
I have flown helicopters since before gyros existed (talk about challenging) Hirobo and Kalt were the two main manufactures and electric flight was just a dream.
When kids and family commitments became too great my personal air force got culled and now I only fly quads , mostly for photography rather than just the joy of flying.

You should get you a cheap quad just to toss around, The Phantoms are great but some times you need something to just go out and whip around.

8d0db50df35956acce4e5a62cc55903c.jpg

d848f859e81bfab12d3fec4782ad7df4.jpg

A couple of photos from the Pre kids days

Reactions: QuadcopterCrazy
You should get you a cheap quad just to toss around, The Phantoms are great but some times you need something to just go out and whip around.

Agree - I have a little JJRC H31 from Banggood for A$42 which is indistructable, waterproof, flips and is just a fun little thing. I also have the real deal P3S - love it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I've been flying gas and nitro planes along with helicopters for 15 years now but I only fly my phantom 3 pro now.

I flew RC Planes throughout the 80's, 90's and 00's. Built a bunch of them crashed a few, mostly from brain farts but I did have a couple of mechanical failures that wasted a plane or two. In those days there was no digital control, radios were strictly analog and your security in the air was fully dependent on other people at the flying field not interfering with you on a particular frequency. GPS, gyros, barometers and accelerometers had not yet been introduced into RC modeling yet. Oh... and the best we had were NiCd batteries that had some very nasty habits that would bite you every now and then, like developing a memory.

I never bit on RC helicopters, was never attracted to them for some reason.

I see the P3S as much easier to learn...
  • Quadcopter speeds are a mere fraction of the speed of RC planes
  • The P3S will stop moving if I want to take a mental breather and think about what to do next, planes will not, the stress continues until you either panic and crash or land it successfully.
  • The concept of reversed controls when the unit is flying toward me is not foreigh to me as you can't fly an RC plane at all without dealing with it fully on day one.
So... much easier to control the chaos.

Reactions: burtong207878

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers