Anyone flown a 2+ yet after installing this latest update?

Re: Anyone flown a 2+ yet after installing this latest updat

ToThePoint said:
Anyone have used GS in the new app ?
I can swipe to it when the bird is not connected but when FPV is working going to GS isn't anymore.
Yes GS is enabled in settings.

On my Nexus 7, I can start the swipe anywhere to the right of the FPV view that doesn't have any control buttons. I think the point is that you need to start from a point that doesn't do something like scrolling the map.

On edit: I just looked at the app on my iPhone and there is no blank area below the little arrow. I haven't flown with the phone but I'll bet the swipe only works from the top right corner like the other guys are saying.

Flew it... No more declination issues... Flew straight. Also switched to Naza. Loving P2V+!

Dadcat said:
ToThePoint said:
Anyone have used GS in the new app ?
I can swipe to it when the bird is not connected but when FPV is working going to GS isn't anymore.
Yes GS is enabled in settings.

On my Nexus 7, I can start the swipe anywhere to the right of the FPV view that doesn't have any control buttons. I think the point is that you need to start from a point that doesn't do something like scrolling the map.

On edit: I just looked at the app on my iPhone and there is no blank area below the little arrow. I haven't flown with the phone but I'll bet the swipe only works from the top right corner like the other guys are saying.

I now have the hang of it when i want to go to GS.
It was not easy figuring it out when someone is used to take any position on the screen and swipe.
During the test i had a womens crowd standing near me interested in some action from the beast.
Noting happened LMAO

ToThePoint said:
It was not easy figuring it out when someone is used to take any position on the screen and swipe.
During the test i had a womens crowd standing near me interested in some action from the beast.
Noting happened LMAO

Isn't that how it usually goes when you have an audience? Did you figure it out before leaving with your tail between your legs?

I did get challenged by a gal in the neighborhood bar to land a Proto X (micro quad) on her hand. It worked that time though, to loud cheering.

Flew through a full battery this morning using GS. Did not have any issues, satellites immediately locked into 10 and when flying got up to 14..I have never experienced this many satellites before with my 2+. I flew 3 short GS routes and I did notice when flying in a straight line it went very straight no wavering side to side as I experienced before. I also set my preview back up to 640x480 30fps as I was not able to do this with the previous build had to use 640x480 15fps as the higher preview resolution caused me to experience the dreaded black screen and I was able to successfully fly with 640x480 30fps throughout the entire flight with no cutout. I also use the FPV booster app and that seems to also work fine but only flew out to a maximum of 800ft. I did also notice a little shorter flight time but did not take any time measurements to verify this. All in all the update is working great..

We are talking about the DJI Vision app for your phone, right?
Not the "DJI Phantom 2 Assistant_3.0" software?

I updated the "DJI Vision app" that gave me the battery bar across the top, but do not understand how this makes it fly better?

Did I miss the memo?

I had trouble getting calibration going too the first time. Rebooted everything and moved away from a radar array about 100m away and that fixed it. Not sure if it was the radar or the system needing to be reset (including closing the app out on the Iphone completely).

Mike

Just took the vision+ out for the first flight after all the new updates, there was never a problem in any of 40+ flights before the updates but i could never use the highest preview setting because of severe lag and breaking up, but now FOR THE FIRST TIME I CAN USE 640X480 30fps! :D I flew out to 2200 feet with no lag at all, connection still perfect but i've not been much further out so decided to head back. It also seemed to be even more stable than before in flight and it descended faster than before too which was good to see.The new battery indicator in the app works perfectly but did no testing as i landed while it was still in the green.
She seems to fly even better and keeps a straight line easier now with fewer corrections needed. Another thing noticed was how fast it locked onto the satellites, i normally get about 6 straight away especially since doing the foil mod but i now got 9 as soon as i was on the app!
The quad is stock besides the shielding mod and i use the V+Booster.
One very happy vision+ owner right here. :D

The 'minutes left' estimate is a great improvement, the bar is much easier in bright weather to see than the small % figure.
Also seem to have less glitchy wifi video, hard to be sure after only a couple of flights though.

It was almost too windy here today but it did inspire confidence with good GPS hold from immediately after take off rather than previously noted slight vagueness and tendency to circle about the spot for first minute or so.

BlackTracer said:
RCF - DRONE said:
I flew mine twice last night, it was somewhat windy so I could not tell flight differences....Mine never gave me any low battery warnings or go home, I did however notice that when i did bring it home, as soon as my battery got 12percent, it was very hard to control....it was hand caught, and I was only 2 feet up, an intentional battery test, almost no lift whatsoever at 12 percent.

Surely it gave you the red warnings on the vision app. Note in 3.06, the first level warning is at 25% and the critical warning is at 15%. If you have the go home deselected in the vision app, you will not get the go home question popup, but you will get the red border and red battery indicator at 25% (not configurable). It will auto land at 15% (not configurable) but as you discovered you can throttle up to maintain height if needed. You have to give considerable throttle though to override the descent.

Flow also today with the latest updates and indeed you have to give considerable throttle to ascent again.

Dadcat said:
ToThePoint said:
Noting happened LMAO

Isn't that how it usually goes when you have an audience? Did you figure it out before leaving with your tail between your legs?

I did get challenged by a gal in the neighborhood bar to land a Proto X (micro quad) on her hand. It worked that time though, to loud cheering.

Ow for some its there tail between the legs.
I was just testing if all systems functioned after i toke out its intestines for the paint job.
The top lid wasn't screwed on and no props.
I updated the app though.

The only thing i noticed was the temperature of the motors. They were hotter then i ever experienced before.
It was warm today but i've flown in even hotter weather so it could be.
Anyway watching the motors with a vigilant eye.

sbarton said:
Catalina36 said:
RCF - DRONE said:
I flew mine twice last night, it was somewhat windy so I could not tell flight differences....Mine never gave me any low battery warnings or go home, I did however notice that when i did bring it home, as soon as my battery got 12percent, it was very hard to control....it was hand caught, and I was only 2 feet up, an intentional battery test, almost no lift whatsoever at 12 percent.

At 12% I think it goes into auto land mode so I would not expect any lift or control.

I got a similar issue at 15%, no lift, could not even hover, causing a very hard landing (braking the rotors against the guards as it landed hard). I was descending (not auto-descend) and when I got to about 20 feet off the ground, I pushed full throttle up, but it wouldn't give enough power to stop the descent. I reverted back to previous firmware, no issues.

-Scott

Scott, how do you revert back to 3.0.4, I almost crashed once and almost had a flyaway. This upgrade is not for me.

Norm

SpikeFinch said:
We are talking about the DJI Vision app for your phone, right?
Not the "DJI Phantom 2 Assistant_3.0" software?

I updated the "DJI Vision app" that gave me the battery bar across the top, but do not understand how this makes it fly better?

Did I miss the memo?

The bar across the top has NO VALUE unless you do the firmware update on the bird. Otherwise it doesnt work

The bar when used in conjunction with the aircraft update basically knows how long it takes you to get home. So it tells you how long you can fly before you need to return.

Scott, how do you revert back to 3.0.4, I almost crashed once and almost had a flyaway. This upgrade is not for me.

Norm

I'd like to know this too please.

Had a chance to finally fly tonight after doing all of the updates. Did not notice significant difference in performance, it flew extremely well - as normal. However it is important to note that when it goes into low critical battery and starts to desend, it comes down very fast at first. I was up at about 120 feet when it went into critical battery and it comes down extremely quickly. Slows down quite a bit as at gets lower, but you better be ready for it if you were over an obstacle. I was over some trees and when it started to come down, full throttle up was the only thing that saved me from a crash.

I don't get why some of you guys seem to be trying to fly on to or beyond critical battery level, and complaining of little or no lift? Surely everyone should land immediately upon the first low battery warning onset (or even earlier?) thus hopefully avoiding the critical level completely.

Regularly running the LiPo down very low will shorten its life cycle if done too frequently.

Also, flying over trees, water or high altitude, long distance with almost empty battery is surely asking for trouble?

Regards

Peter

JWarren said:

Norm

I'd like to know this too please.

I *believe* you just have to flash back to the older firmware. If you've installed the Phantom assistant 3.02, then uninstall it and reinstall the 3.0 software. The older versions of the software can be found here:

http://droneslinger.com/software.html

RCF - DRONE said:
I got a similar issue at 15%, no lift, could not even hover, causing a very hard landing (braking the rotors against the guards as it landed hard). I was descending (not auto-descend) and when I got to about 20 feet off the ground, I pushed full throttle up, but it wouldn't give enough power to stop the descent. I reverted back to previous firmware, no issues.

-Scott

Norm[/quote]

I don't understand why you want to revert back to older version. If you had landed immediately, as everyone should, upon the first low battery warning, there should be no problem, or did I miss something here? Surely the forced landing at critical battery level is a way better alternative to rotors completely stopping in flight due to no power remaining.

Also, please explain why you say the upgrade 'almost caused a flyaway'. If that is true, we all need to fully understand more info about how and why!!

Thanks

Peter

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.