Anyone flown a 2+ yet after installing this latest update?

Re: Anyone flown a 2+ yet after installing this latest updat

I flew mine today and I was almost caught out with the low battery return to home, I was almost under some trees when the alert sounded and just before I hit cancel it started to ascend to 20m, if I had been under the trees which is where I was heading I would be looking at a downed bird. I do like the battery bar across the top, it also gives the flight time left.

DownunderPhantom said:
I flew mine today and I was almost caught out with the low battery return to home, I was almost under some trees when the alert sounded and just before I hit cancel it started to ascend to 20m, if I had been under the trees which is where I was heading I would be looking at a downed bird. I do like the battery bar across the top, it also gives the flight time left.

I flew 2 batteries last night. I had the Low Battery Go Home enabled for the first one. I didn't like it. Felt like I didn't want to be bothered with Cancel/OK popup presented. I knew it was coming so I flew out to 100' distance and 30' up and waited. It obviously calculated how much battery it needed to make it home because it didn't ask me until about 23% if I wanted to auto go home. I hit OK and watched it come home as "Coming Home" was displayed. It rose to 66' (displayed on the telemetry) and flew to the home point and started coming down. I regained control using S1 middle and flew it around close to me until about 16%, waiting for 15%. When 15% was reached it auto landed right where it was about 20' from me. And shut off rotors automagically.

Second battery I disabled Go Home and flew it as normal. First battery low came on at 25%. I had it set to 30% before the update. I landed it myself before 15% uneventfully.

I have been running 1.08 for almost 3 months now so 3.06 had some noticeable performance differences. It was way slower and had less acceleration in GPS mode than 1.08. I could get 30+ mph with 1.08 and only 20 or so with 3.06. I know this is due to a pitch restriction in this firmware. I did have a feeling of smoothness and good control with this firmware though. Maybe it was due to the slower speed and acceleration. The descent speed difference was a non-factor for the way I fly. Overall I am very pleased.

FYI I did have 9 sats on the ground and 12 in the air where before I had 7 on the ground and 9-10 in the air. At the same location. Not sure if this is a firmware difference though. May have just been coincidence.

I plan to try GS soon.

Edit: I really like the new battery progress bar. Especially how it shows minutes remaining.

I flew mine last night and it flies much better, no more "Yaw" issues and allot more stable than with 3.04.... with 3.04 when ever I Yaw'ed left or right the craft would take off and go 20 to 30 foot and loop back to the position slowly and in tight areas I had to aggressively keep it from crashing into things. With the new update even in 20mph wind the craft stayed in place with Yaw left or right and looks like my Camera / Gimble is level as well, I have not reviewed the images from last night yet. After the upgrade I did a full re calibrate including the IMU. So far every thing looks good with the new update. :D :D :D

BlackTracer said:
DownunderPhantom said:

I flew 2 batteries last night. I had the Low Battery Go Home enabled for the first one. I didn't like it. Felt like I didn't want to be bothered with Cancel/OK popup presented. I knew it was coming so I flew out to 100' distance and 30' up and waited. It obviously calculated how much battery it needed to make it home because it didn't ask me until about 23% if I wanted to auto go home. I hit OK and watched it come home as "Coming Home" was displayed. It rose to 66' (displayed on the telemetry) and flew to the home point and started coming down. I regained control using S1 middle and flew it around close to me until about 16%, waiting for 15%. When 15% was reached it auto landed right where it was about 20' from me. And shut off rotors automagically.

Second battery I disabled Go Home and flew it as normal. First battery low came on at 25%. I had it set to 30% before the update. I landed it myself before 15% uneventfully.

I have been running 1.08 for almost 3 months now so 3.06 had some noticeable performance differences. It was way slower and had less acceleration in GPS mode than 1.08. I could get 30+ mph with 1.08 and only 20 or so with 3.06. I know this is due to a pitch restriction in this firmware. I did have a feeling of smoothness and good control with this firmware though. Maybe it was due to the slower speed and acceleration. The descent speed difference was a non-factor for the way I fly. Overall I am very pleased.

FYI I did have 9 sats on the ground and 12 in the air where before I had 7 on the ground and 9-10 in the air. At the same location. Not sure if this is a firmware difference though. May have just been coincidence.

I plan to try GS soon.

Edit: I really like the new battery progress bar. Especially how it shows minutes remaining.

Do you disable Go Home in the app? I downloaded and updated but have had solid rain and haven't been able to fly.

Is there someone who has updated all to the latest soft using any kind of app that alters settings ?
If so, does the special app still work after the DJI soft update ?

BlackTracer said:
DownunderPhantom said:

I plan to try GS soon.

Thanks for the thorough report.

BlackTracer said:
FYI I did have 9 sats on the ground and 12 in the air where before I had 7 on the ground and 9-10 in the air. At the same location. Not sure if this is a firmware difference though. May have just been coincidence.........

Since the satellites orbit the earth at 55° inclinations , there's no way to know how many satellites you'll be able to receive based solely on your location.

Just returned after the updates. No increase in satellites (always between 9-12), but the battery bar is great to have. Can't swear to it, but on this gusty day, the bird seemed somewhat quicker to correct after being blown off course.

todgrubbs said:
looks like my Camera / Gimble is level as well,

did you have the camera tilt problem that so many others have experienced? has the update fixed/improved that?
cheers
dave

Really don't like it. The auto descend feature descends way too fast. Crashed and broke my props against the guards. Also swiping from camera to Ground Station takes forever for it to switch screens. Also you can't adjust the battery alarm percentages anymore.
Seems like shorter flight times.
I didn't have any problems with yaw or anything, so I saw noticeable differences in flight stability, same as before.
I installed it hoping it would fix my camera screen from occasionally going black. No update there, still goes black occasionally forcing me to have to land, and power cycle the Phantom.

-Scott

Anyone know when the new update is going to come out for the mac? I'm at my lake house and all I have is my macbook

Flew today and did some practice on setup and recording of shots.

Latest update was installed, using the Vision+ APP at 8db boost for control and 12db for FPV.

Observations (not fully flushed out)

1. Overall control seemed slightly smoother and tighter.
2. The battery bar is very helpful.
3. No gimbal issues.
4. Tilt worked the same.
5. I perceived a slightly shorter flight time but have no data to support it as I was on location and we had to move on.
6. FPV were very solid but I was only at 200' height about 400' from home point.

Enjoy your flying..

Channel70Productions said:
Just returned after the updates. No increase in satellites (always between 9-12), but the battery bar is great to have. Can't swear to it, but on this gusty day, the bird seemed somewhat quicker to correct after being blown off course.

This was pretty much my experience as well. When you pivot (yaw) it still drifts but not as far and returns to original hover spot quicker. I also thought it sounded different when hovering. It caused me to look up quickly at it a few times to see if something was going on to cause the sharp change in sound.

OK, downgraded back to the previous version and went for a quick flight to re-test wifi range. Earlier today on the latest firmware upgrades, i was only getting about 6400 feet wifi range. Downgraded back to the previous version and went back out and although i didnt get my usual 10,000 feet range, i did get to 9800 feet distance.. so, unless it was just a fluke, something in the latest firmwares are screwing with my wifi distances. it would be nice if any of you other long distance flyers would also test your range with the latest firmwares.

480sparky said:
BlackTracer said:
FYI I did have 9 sats on the ground and 12 in the air where before I had 7 on the ground and 9-10 in the air. At the same location. Not sure if this is a firmware difference though. May have just been coincidence.........

Since the satellites orbit the earth at 55° inclinations , there's no way to know how many satellites you'll be able to receive based solely on your location.

Theres a sat predictor website and i use that as reference.
I use it for 2 months now and its **** spot on every time.
Also i use a satellite detection app on the tablet and when the predictor site says 7 sats it will be 7 sats, so i don't know how you ever formed your idea ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj