Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P4 Firmware Anyone ever have their bird locked due to firmware?!

Discussion in 'Firmware' started by dmiles, May 12, 2018.

1. dmiles

I am running V 1.03.059 in my P4P, and 1.04.00.00 in my controller, and have been since the day I got it. Always get the warnings we are all used to seeing, but today was something new for me.

I have 4 batteries for my P4P, and today I was able to go through 3 of them before something strange happened.

When I put the 4th battery in and got ready to fly, where it normally says Ready to fly, it said can not take off. When I tried to start the motors, I got a message that said my drone was locked until the firmware for the Phantom and the controller were updated.

I tried everything. Power everything down, remove battery, power back on, and still locked. I was really done with what I needed to do, and was just going to fly around for fun, so it was not as big a deal as it could have been, had it happened earlier.

Even more strange, I tried it again after I got home, and everything was fine. Very strange, and I have never heard of this happening.