Anybody found my satellites?

Reaction score
I've just had the top off my bird to fit a foil mod and Flytrex 3G Live. Now the top is back on but when I fired the bird up, rather than it grabbing a load of sats at superfast speed as expected, it's not found one!

Has anybody faced similar problems? Any ideas where to look for my satellites first please?

I'm closing the door on it for tonight and I'll see if I have any more luck with the inside of a bottle of red.

If there is one positive to take away from this it gives me an excuse to have this as a backup and invest in a P3P.

Double-check that you plugged the GPS cable back in before closing the shell.

I was just actually about to post that the past week or so Im seeing 12-14 where I used to only see 10-11, im getting 8 right now In my garage with it sitting next to me on the bench,

My GPS cable was very short and it certainly did not "snap" back into place. I pulled the shell down pretty near closed and then double checked the connection before finally closing it tight. I bet that is the issue, as msinger pointed out.

Or plugged in backwards.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tackled it with a clear head this morning and that connection was fine.

I'm not sure what you mean by "backwards" Steve. Mine only plugs one way.

With S1 in GPS I'm getting a single green flash followed by three red if that means anything. With S1 in Atti it is one yellow followed by three red and with S1 in Failsafe it is a continuous flashing yellow. The manual hasn't been much help here.

I'll carry on working through the rest of the plugs and cabling but could sure do with any other suggestions you might have.

Last edited:
With S1 in GPS I'm getting a single green flash followed by three red if that means anything. With S1 in Atti it is one yellow followed by three red and with S1 in Failsafe it is a continuous flashing yellow. The manual hasn't been much help here.

Operating as it should w less than 6 sats...
Since you are in Naza Mode - green -> 3 red in GPS means less than 6 sats, ATTI - yellow-> 3 red means less than 6 sats, RTH, all yellow = transmitter loss

just have to find out why no sats - what does the DJI Vision App tell ya? are you getting any sats?

So you made a change to the GPS signal path by adding a FTrex, now no Sats.
I would go back to 'Start' and remove the FTrex (electrically) from the equation and see if you get Sats.

we have discovered that the gps plug and socket is not a perfect fit. even after it's plugged in, it can be bumped around, it is not tight. I cut the ends off of 2 small wire ties and jammed them in between the plug and socket, making a more secure connection.
check it out on yours, it might be loose.
It's funny, this is the worst fitting plug and socket on the Phantom, and it is one of if not the most important.

we have discovered that the gps plug and socket is not a perfect fit. even after it's plugged in, it can be bumped around, it is not tight. I cut the ends off of 2 small wire ties and jammed them in between the plug and socket, making a more secure connection.
check it out on yours, it might be loose.
It's funny, this is the worst fitting plug and socket on the Phantom, and it is one of if not the most important.

yep - I changed the plug myself on the GPS puck side "Option A" as RichWest defined as the cable tie option was intermitent details in this thread
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/gps-plug-connection-fix.30912/page-12

Thanks all for your input. In turn:

Mad in NC - Vision app confirms 0 sats.

Jetfixer - Yes,.that's the page I'm referring to but 1 green and 3 red doesn't seem to be an option unless I'm reading the chart incorrectly.

N017RW - I took it right back to the out of the box unmodded version this morning but still no sats.

SDtag - Now that you mention it, I remember reading that some time ago so thanks for reminding me. I'll give that a go thanks.

Thanks again everybody. I really appreciate the help. I'm desperately trying to get this back on track for a holiday trip at the end of the month. The clock is ticking!

Download gps plan it will tell u how many sat are on top of you Here friend tell me only 6 sat zctually where only 6 in that particular time

If you have a P2 as you said (you've posted in the P2V+ forum) than you must have added FPV and OSD equipment.
Otherwise you only know by the rear arms' LED pattern and that's really limited to 6 or more as opposed to an exact number greater than that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31