Any recommendations on a tracker? Trax maybe?

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

First of all, sorry, I understand this topic has been discussed before. I did find one thread by manually searching through page after page of the forum. Regretably the search function won't let me search for this (strange search function...).

Just had my second and third flight today, awesome fun! But now I have to come to some kind of conclusion about trackers. I've been looking at the Trax, but I can't find much info on it regarding use in quad's. I've found 2 people saying it's so-so. Any more opinions about it?

I'd basically like something hazzle-free to use, that's why I got interested in the Trax. But if any one have any other suggestions, I'd be very glad to hear them! I live in Sweden if that matters.

As always, I'm really grateful for your help! :)

Not sure which trackers you have researched, but I use a TK 102 or 105. I'll have to check for sure. I have it "velcroed" then zip tied to the landing skid. It operates with a sim card. You activate it, then you can call that number. It will receive the call then give you a busy signal. Hang up and in less than a minute you will get a text with a link to a map. (I use google maps) You can then access the link and it shows you where the tracker is located. It saved me once when I had a flyaway. (pilot error). I called it, hung up, got a text and found it in the shopping mall parking lot, upside down in front of a store within 5 minutes. The tracker has a battery that can be recharged by a wall plug without taking it off of the Phantom. Downside is that you might have to pay for a phone line when you buy the sim card. Hope this helps.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik