Any good for a p2? Please help!

it may work, but it's not really appropriate for a Phantom2.

If you have a Phantom2 with a H3-3D and GoPro, then you can take the live feed from the gopro itself (which comes up onto the Phantom mainboard via the H3-3D grey cable) and then simply pipe it to a 5.8ghz transmitter. (you'll want an iOSD Mini if you want telemetry info which is very very very valuable)

then on the ground you can do... whatever you want. I'm not as familiar with goggles as I am displays (which usually have a built in receiver) but aside from the goggles you do need some sort of receiver compatible with your transmitter. I'm pretty sure there are goggles that have 5.8ghz receivers built in, aren't there? at that point you just want good antennas on both sides (transmitter and receiver)
I think the ImmersionRC 600mW transmitter has the frequency set compatible with FatSharks but please double check that data

if you just have a RAW phantom2, no h3-3d, no gopro then yea that kit would work... the camera won't be stabilized so you'll get every jerk, stutter, and vibration... it'll probably give you a headache watching the feed but theoretically it could work

correct - the P2 non-Vision models use 2.4Ghz for remote control, therefore you should NEVER leave the GoPro's wifi (which is also 2.4Ghz) active during flight.
This is also the same reason we put in 5.8Ghz FPV systems so they don't interfere

thx really appreciate your help. As another option i was lookng at a 600mw imeersion tx and rx then could i get a cheapish monitor via ebay and small camera

king156 said:
thx really appreciate your help. As another option i was lookng at a 600mw imeersion tx and rx then could i get a cheapish monitor via ebay and small camera

You don't need an additional FPV camera, like I said the Phantom 2 and Zenmuse H3-3D are designed to use the GoPro itself for FPV with the addition of certain equipment. Once you are broadcasting a 5.8Ghz FPV signal, any compatible device can pick it up on the ground... you could have goggles AND LCD screens if you wanted... think of it like a little TV station. anything within range can receive it

If you do get a screen, I recommend the RX-LCD5802. it's a perfectly solid screen, inexpensive, with built in battery and 5.8Ghz diversity receiver.
Some people prefer the Black Pearl but make sure you get the 7channel version, not the 32ch
Both those screens already have a 5.8Ghz receiver built in, so you do not need to purchase any additional receiver.... they will natively receive the signal from the IRC600

Goggles, again I just don't know as much but I think SOME goggles have a receiver built in, and others don't and need a separate receiver

Thing is I don't have a go pro and don't want to shell out all that money so was looking for a cheaper camera like of hobby king a=which I could mount to a cheap gimbal any ideas on that front then? :)

QYV said:
king156 said:

You don't need an additional FPV camera, like I said the Phantom 2 and Zenmuse H3-3D are designed to use the GoPro itself for FPV with the addition of certain equipment. Once you are broadcasting a 5.8Ghz FPV signal, any compatible device can pick it up on the ground... you could have goggles AND LCD screens if you wanted... think of it like a little TV station. anything within range can receive it

If you do get a screen, I recommend the RX-LCD5802. it's a perfectly solid screen, inexpensive, with built in battery and 5.8Ghz diversity receiver.
Some people prefer the Black Pearl but make sure you get the 7channel version, not the 32ch
Both those screens already have a 5.8Ghz receiver built in, so you do not need to purchase any additional receiver.... they will natively receive the signal from the IRC600

Goggles, again I just don't know as much but I think SOME goggles have a receiver built in, and others don't and need a separate receiver

Can I ask why not the 32 channel, I have just received the 32 channel Black Pearl and use this with my AVL58 but am thinking of replacing this with the Immersion 600mW.

What are the flaws with the 32 Channel Black Pearl?

mattyessex said:
Can I ask why not the 32 channel, I have just received the 32 channel Black Pearl and use this with my AVL58 but am thinking of replacing this with the Immersion 600mW.

What are the flaws with the 32 Channel Black Pearl?

I'm not exactly sure what the issue is, I run all Boscam equipment but I'm a pretty heavy user on this forum and allllllll over the FPV forum are people talking about issues with the 32ch BP and to get the 7ch instead.
honestly the only advantage the BP display has over the RX-LCD5802 (which works fine with both frequency sets btw) is some sort of HDMI port that most people never use

wish I could help you more, if you go looking around the FPV forum enough you'll see what I'm talking about

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.