Any good aftermarket P4 batteries?

Reaction score
Anyone have any luck with any aftermarket P4 batteries? Like a dumb *** I let my 2 discharge and am in need of a couple more. I’m definitely a rookie at this stuff so looking for some guidance.

Thank you

OEM is your friend.

Reactions: Starz
The word “luck” may not be best used around aircraft. No doubt there are people out there using non DJI batteries with success. Then there are those who choose to “stick with the best” and not wonder if they have made a bad decision on where to save a little money.
Just a choice you make.

From my experience with after market Yuneec batteries, I would stick with original dji batteries even though they are more expensive.

Using oem on my P4Ps but have a few aftermarket I use on my old P4. ExpertPower and PowerExtra both with no problems yet. I don’t shove them in but press the battery buttons to insert them in to be sure of a good lock, especially the bottom. Good luck.

Anyone have any luck with any aftermarket P4 batteries? Like a dumb *** I let my 2 discharge and am in need of a couple more. I’m definitely a rookie at this stuff so looking for some guidance.

Thank you
Yes and it’s a lot cheaper than DGI battery and it’s reliable I’ve used it I think 24 times now and it works great and it was only $100 maybe a little more the only thing about it is sometimes it says signal fail or something I can’t remember but if you press the button three or four times and hold it down on the batterie it will reset the battery and then it works fine it was worth every penny instead of paying 200+ dollars I was skeptical at first but now I’ve flown my drone many times and it works perfect there’s other aftermarket phantom 4 batteries I have read bad things about so if you do it make sure you get this one and you can get it from Amazon you won’t regret it like I said I’ve got a phantom 4 pro +,I totally trust it now and I saved over 100 and something dollars I hope this helps

Attachments

• F6DF4AB9-532F-496E-BE39-9DBE5E96FE5B.png
    F6DF4AB9-532F-496E-BE39-9DBE5E96FE5B.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 125
You said you've flown 24 times. I suppose this is 24 charges. Wait until more than 60 times.
The drone will maybe not fall down but the battery could sooner become unusable due to the lost its capacity.

Reactions: snowghost
You have run into the inevitable OEM zealots that attribute magical powers of endurance and reliability to DJI batteries.
DJI gets their cells from the same places as other folks that actually specialize in batteries.
That's not to say there isn't cheap crap out there, but the ones rated high on Amazon usually tend to be legit.
I have a PowerExtra battery that has outlasted two DJI batteries.
They are not high capacity but the way I see it, losing a couple minutes of flight time for half the price is acceptable.
In fact I flew a Litchi mission of 25 minutes this morning on that same battery that is now over 2 years old with about 70 cycles on it.
As usual YMMV but just be aware that there are lots of folks that repeat stuff like "it'll void the warranty" that have no basis in fact.
Especially if you live in the US where it is illegal to void a warranty over using non-OEM replacements.

Yes and it’s a lot cheaper than DGI battery and it’s reliable I’ve used it I think 24 times now and it works great and it was only $100 maybe a little more the only thing about it is sometimes it says signal fail or something I can’t remember but if you press the button three or four times and hold it down on the batterie it will reset the battery and then it works fine it was worth every penny instead of paying 200+ dollars I was skeptical at first but now I’ve flown my drone many times and it works perfect there’s other aftermarket phantom 4 batteries I have read bad things about so if you do it make sure you get this one and you can get it from Amazon you won’t regret it like I said I’ve got a phantom 4 pro +,I totally trust it now and I saved over 100 and something dollars I hope this helps
I picked up a couple of aftermarket batteries at a flea market. They have a tendency to pop out in mid-air but a little duct tape seems to have fixed that. I get several failed signal warnings when I use these batteries but I usually get connected again before the bird hits the ground. Only crashed twice in the last 3 weeks so I keep a good supply of shells, landing gear and cameras on hand for quick field repairs. The drawbacks are a nuisance but think of the money I saved.

I picked up a couple of aftermarket batteries at a flea market. They have a tendency to pop out in mid-air but a little duct tape seems to have fixed that. I get several failed signal warnings when I use these batteries but I usually get connected again before the bird hits the ground. Only crashed twice in the last 3 weeks so I keep a good supply of shells, landing gear and cameras on hand for quick field repairs. The drawbacks are a nuisance but think of the money I saved.
You really think a fictional tale is valuable to the conversation?
You don't like aftermarket then say so. Making up nonsense isn't helpful - merely churlish.

You really think a fictional tale is valuable to the conversation?
You don't like aftermarket then say so. Making up nonsense isn't helpful - merely churlish.
The summer of 2020 I bought 2 aftermarket batteries. The first one I tried actually popped out (more like fell out) upon liftoff. Scuffed up the landing gear but no serious damage. I tried using the 2nd battery and it stayed in but I did not trust it. Didn't have duct tape but did use some masking tape I had in my car. Kept getting flashing warnings and errors (that did not appear when I used my one good DJI OEM battery). I purposely flew over some tall Johnson grass and glad I did. No sense in telling you what happened next since it's clear you wouldn't believe me anyway. Telling a basically true story in a humorous way...well, that's just me and at my age I'm not likely to change anytime soon.

Reactions: Starz
The summer of 2020 I bought 2 aftermarket batteries. The first one I tried actually popped out (more like fell out) upon liftoff. Scuffed up the landing gear but no serious damage. I tried using the 2nd battery and it stayed in but I did not trust it. Didn't have duct tape but did use some masking tape I had in my car. Kept getting flashing warnings and errors (that did not appear when I used my one good DJI OEM battery). I purposely flew over some tall Johnson grass and glad I did. No sense in telling you what happened next since it's clear you wouldn't believe me anyway. Telling a basically true story in a humorous way...well, that's just me and at my age I'm not likely to change anytime soon.
Much more useful info here. it is sometimes tough to decipher intent. Funny is good, just need those helpful emojis.

Much more useful info here. it is sometimes tough to decipher intent. Funny is good, just need those helpful emojis.
Thanks and I'll try using an emoji if I can ever figure out which one of the hundreds there are to choose from. It appears the intended humor was more difficult to detect than I had thought. But the point I tried to make was drawn from personal experience that, although some aftermarket batteries may be fine, some are not and pilots just need to be careful. Never thought for a moment my post would cause anyone to have a conniption. Hope my attacker is OK.

Reactions: Starz and BigL

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1