Any DIY instructions on creating your own Phantom 4 battery charging adapter?

What are you trying to adapt it too? A Phantom 4 battery charger costs about $55 and is designed for that battery. Well worth the investment to not burn down one's house. If you've never seen how intensely a LiPO battery burns when accidentally overcharged, check out the many YouTube videos out there. My advice would be DDIY.

From memory 4 Centre contacts B+, two either side (four total) B-.

You should have no trouble finding pin-out details on line -or- simply turn on and probe with DMM.

Hopefully similar to this. Powerextra [Upgrade Grounded] Phantom 4 Series 4 in 1 Intelligent Rapid Multi Battery Charger Hub (Charge 3 Batteries & Remote Controller) for DJI Phantom 4/4 Advanced/4 Pro V2.0/ 4 Pro Plus Obsidian Amazon.com: Powerextra [Upgrade Grounded] Phantom 4 Series 4 in 1 Intelligent Rapid Multi Battery Charger Hub (Charge 3 Batteries & Remote Controller) for DJI Phantom 4/4 Advanced/4 Pro V2.0/ 4 Pro Plus Obsidian: Toys & Games
What do you think you might build for $40

These ones Go OK.

If you replace with an adapter with higher amps they charge sequentially. Would that be fine as long as i do my best at disconnecting batteries as soon as they are charged?

If you replace with an adapter with higher amps they charge sequentially. Would that be fine as long as i do my best at disconnecting batteries as soon as they are charged?
They disconnect themselves when the charge cycle completes (turn off). They won't charge at a higher than 1C rate no matter how much current is available from the supply.

Seems like I was able to do it with my phantom 3. I would see all three batteries blinking during the charge and the charging would be done in something under two hours from what I recall.

Seems like I was able to do it with my phantom 3. I would see all three batteries blinking during the charge and the charging would be done in something under two hours from what I recall.
Do what? If all P3 batts were charging in parallel then you would expect them to charge in under 2 hours. You can expect to do the same with the P4 also. And there is no reason you need to disconnect the packs at charge completion.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20