Any advice on buying from the UK, please?

Reaction score
I'm strongly thinking of getting the professional version of the Phantom 3, but as it's a huge outlay for me, I'm understandably a bit worried about where to buy it from: on the one hand, I want a competitive price, but on the other hand, I want a reputable dealer in case things go wrong.

It might also help if I can collect it personally, since I'm not happy with something this delicate going through the post.

I did look at Amazon, but it seems the dealers there are in Hong Kong, so 'no thanks'.

I live in the UK, in the West Midlands. I'd appreciate any advice as to whom to buy from. Thanks.

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the club.

I live near you and have had a Phantom 2 Vision Plus for a year. I've ordered my P3 direct from DJI but I completely understand your nervousness as it's a fair bit of money!

I bought my Phantom 2 from Quadcopters.co.uk and probably would have got my P3 from them but I ordered the day after the P3 launch and the only place to do so was through DJI - hey ho I'm impatient....

I'd choose a UK dealer like Heliguy or Quadcopters!

Happy flying..

Another good dealer that i use is Buzzflyer, the p3 will be worth it trust me ive had a FC40 and P2V+ this will be the safest model yet for beginners in terms of easier to fly and risk of fly aways!!

I've used quadcopters.co.uk for pretty much every Phantom related purchase including the Phantom 1 and Phantom 2 with FPV kit - I'd recommend them. When I spoke with them a couple of days ago they had availability in their first batch of Pros when they receive them.

This is one of few dealers in Ireland and with the euro being so week against the pound you could get a few hundred pounds off..http://quadcopter.ie/hobby-drones/phantom-3

Example P3 advanced in euro's is 1,099.00€ which is £786.64 so grab a bargain, i did the same the other day for a P2 h4-3d worked out at £564.00

Last edited:
Reactions: saltire
If anyone in the uk has had their P3 delivery or due for dispatch then please let us know. :)
Also has anyone ordered from firstpersonview?

This is one of few dealers in Ireland and with the euro being so week against the pound you could get a few hundred pounds off..http://quadcopter.ie/hobby-drones/phantom-3

Example P3 advanced in euro's is 1,099.00€ which is £786.64 so grab a bargain, i did the same the other day for a P2 h4-3d worked out at £564.00
What was the postage to the uk ? prices are good and with the saving thats an extra battery.

The man at RC GEEKS a couple of days ago said advance versions should be with them next week. As soon as I sell my vision 2 I will be down to Crawley to get one.

Buyin online from Ireland or elsewhere in the EU is a no brainer for anyone in the UK, it would be even worth your while getting a £20 return Ryanair flight to pick it up yourself

Buyin online from Ireland or elsewhere in the EU is a no brainer for anyone in the UK, it would be even worth your while getting a £20 return Ryanair flight to pick it up yourself
and just hope it never goes wrong!

So can it be delivered from Ireland to the UK without any hidden costs? Will I really save £169 for a P3P with extra battery? What about consumer protection laws and returns compared to a UK dealer? I had excellent local support when my new P2V+ had a faulty camera, with quick turnaround sending my quad off to have the camera swapped. I'd miss that if it had to go to Germany...

Yes there is free trade within the EU, no import duty and as you would be buying in the EU I'm sure there are standard consumer rights. The dealer mention before is the only official dji dealer in ireland. It's up to yourself, I pay the euro price but if was living in the UK I'd be either getting a £20 flight or buying online.
you are getting rightly screwed over the sterling but it doesn't make sense

A saving OF £70 on the advanced version. Not enough to have all the problems of shipping it back. However buying a pro version with the extra battery and the backpack is probably worth a bit of a hassle.

i have ordered mine from firstpersonview, i ordered it on the 10th but heard nothing yet

After speaking to them today they said they still have not got an exact date when they are getting the shipment but says they should know by next week, he also recommended me to pre-order if i wanted one within the next couple of weeks.

Has anyone who ordered direct from DJI had their item marked as shipped yet?
Mine showing as shipped, there's a tracking no but when I go to Parcel Force it says

Consignment number: MK6###062
Service: Express 24
Tracking status: Advised

Does that mean they've received the info but not yet shipped?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic