Antigua

Reaction score
Hi there,

Just a quick query, I am flying to Antigua in Jan from the UK on BA. And planning on taking my P3-ADV with 2 standard batts.

Will I hit any issues with having it as carry on? and what are the laws likw in Antigua for flying?

I have never took it on a aircraft before.

Any advice would be much appreciated..

Steve

I am also planning a vacation to Antigua in March 2017 from Los Angeles.

I would appreciate any advice on the laws in Antigua for flying there..

I can't speak to Drones, but be warned, Antigua is NOT a Bahama;s or Jamaica, its been 3 years since we rented a condo there, beautiful country, rainforest trip was awesome, BUT, they are not , how shall I say- Quite "tourist ready" like other southern escapes. Took us 3 hrs after arriving to check into our condo, almost the whole first day in renting a car!
Wait in front of your condo sir, then, go to Jolly what;s s name hotel,(parent co.) car at front desk, wait at front desk, 3 hrs.)NO, go back to your condo, this went on till suppertime. Off to rainforest, wonderful, return to car, flat tire & no spare. Called car rental -Closed till next morning, Thankfully, another quest in parking lot, his car won't start, gave us his spare.
I drive family back to hotel, then return to pick up "spare" family & drive them to hotel . Day 2 over.
DO keep cash in your pocket, seems to get things done much quicker., yes, I was speeding(no posted speed limit signs) back to hotel trying to at least sit poolside before sunset, Officer, here's my ID, no, that 20 Am. isn't mine, must be yours.
Not much help with drone travels I know, but, so many unknowns & confusion I would try & get some definite answers as to their policies. Cash certainly helps expidite things, which always makes me nervous as to the local rules, laws or lack of them

Reactions: ElGuapo
Hi guys,

I am flying out to Antigua next week from the UK and I'm wondering how you got on in January and March? Were customs ok? Did you require any additional paperwork to register there? And did local authorities create any problems?

I have fireproof bags for the batteries on flight so that should be ok. I have also emailed about 8 people from different institutions in Antigua (Aviation organisations etc) and I have not heard back yet. I know from previous experiences in Barbados that people tend to have a relaxed attitude to replying to emails...

Thanks

Max

Hi guys,

I am flying out to Antigua next week from the UK and I'm wondering how you got on in January and March? Were customs ok? Did you require any additional paperwork to register there? And did local authorities create any problems?

I have fireproof bags for the batteries on flight so that should be ok. I have also emailed about 8 people from different institutions in Antigua (Aviation organisations etc) and I have not heard back yet. I know from previous experiences in Barbados that people tend to have a relaxed attitude to replying to emails...

Thanks

Max

Hi Max,

I got on very well indeed, I flew out of London Gatwick, and I had the P3-ADV in my carry on bag along with the transmitter and the two batteries (in fire proof bags with the terminals taped off).

Passing through Gatwick security was smooth, I offered to remove the quad from my hand luggage to pass through the x-ray, along with the usual tablets/phones etc., but the security officer just said, you can leave quad and batts in the bag and send it through the x-ray. and I went through with out any issues whatsoever.

I was flying on BA, so I had with me a print out of the BA restricted items information regarding Lithium ion/metal batteries. The limit is 100Wh , and the P3 standard batts are 68Wh.

While in Antigua, I flew to the UK laws, as I could not find any reference to the local laws, after researching for a few months beforehand, and also writing to the Antigua Barbuda embassy in London, but they did not reply.

On the way back was smooth, I sent the carry on bag (with the P3-ADV & x2 batts inside) through the X-Ray machine, and after it had came through, A security guy brought it over to me and wanted to look inside. So he had a quick look at the battery's and said all ok.

So the whole trip couldn't have gone any smoother really.

Let me know how you got on...

Here are some of the footage I shot..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: maxaphotography
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your response! Good to hear they didn't give any problems throughout security. Any problems customs end in Antigua or did you not mention the drone to them. It seems we have gone through the same planning processes so hopefully my trip will go as smoothly as yours. I'm flying with a P4 so I will double check my batteries.

Thanks for sharing the vid. looks great!

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your response! Good to hear they didn't give any problems throughout security. Any problems customs end in Antigua or did you not mention the drone to them. It seems we have gone through the same planning processes so hopefully my trip will go as smoothly as yours. I'm flying with a P4 so I will double check my batteries.

Thanks for sharing the vid. looks great!

Hi Max,

How did you get on with the P4 over in Antigua? Got any videos online yet?

Steve

Hi Max,

How did you get on with the P4 over in Antigua? Got any videos online yet?

Steve

Hi Steve,

Got on great thanks. Check out my video on Vimeo. Unfortunately I haven't uploaded the video at the highest quality but you get the idea. I'm going to update properly with a bit more time. Vegas now.

Watch “Antigua” on Vimeo:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31