Anti-Glare possibility?

Reaction score
Didn't find any good anti-glare solutions in search...
I bought a "Viewguard" anti glare thingie, it doesn't work at all. Their ad says "anti-glare matte coating" but that's not right, it's a smooth surface, just like my tablet screen. I emailed 'em to ask "WTF?" and they said "sorry 'bout that" so I'm out $23.
Is there such a thing as an anti-glare thingie that actually works? I made a hood, but that just helps a little bit, still can't see the screen clearly under a bright sky. My Nvidia K1 is set to full bright.
Thanks (I hope) :)

There are many anti-glare products but per my experience nothing really works unless you provide a big sun shade. Thats one of the reasons many are tempted to go for goggles. I use it only to have it for pre-flight checks and start and view Radar. I manage rest with sticks or my goggles. Its FVP but not so effective in sun.

I bought a VR box for my phone on eBay for $20 then use FPV cameras iPhone app $4 and purchased their FPV goggles app (in app purchase $7+-.) Glare problem solved! I went out with a friend yesterday who has the dominator fat sharks and we compared side-by-side. The fat sharks are slightly better but will cost you about $500, so I'm very pleased with my $35 set up, if for nothing else, i've gotten rid of the glare. And by slightly better I mean very slight.

I bought a VR box for my phone on eBay for $20 then use FPV cameras iPhone app $4 and purchased their FPV goggles app (in app purchase $7+-.) Glare problem solved! I went out with a friend yesterday who has the dominator fat sharks and we compared side-by-side. The fat sharks are slightly better but will cost you about $500, so I'm very pleased with my $35 set up, if for nothing else, i've gotten rid of the glare. And by slightly better I mean very slight.
I have tried FatShark too, be happy with what you have. We don't have the perfect device yet.

I use Mr. Shield as well along with polarized fishing glasses from Big 5 and the hoodivision

If you then go into settings/ display/ Color Management and uncheck the box labeled "Global Tone Mapping. Then you can scroll to the right and change your Gamma/ contrast/ saturation/ black level and temperature settings. Lowering the Gamma just a couple clicks brightens it up even more but you can set it in the field for the best picture possible at that time.

How to use your iPad in direct sunlight

Reactions: alokbhargava
I never tried polarized sun glasses before, good idea, I will buy a pair and try. Thanks for the useful hint.

drone-shade-double.jpg I have designed these great cheap lightweight folding shades - they even stop your "face" reflection.... - see The new Shade…

How do you resolve the iphone battery life problem. Especially with the last ISO update?

I have started to use a black cloth draped over my head and the remote like what the old photographers used. It's the only way I can see the screen in bright sunlight even when using a tablet sunshade.

I have started to use a black cloth draped over my head and the remote like what the old photographers used. It's the only way I can see the screen in bright sunlight even when using a tablet sunshade.
hahaha

This helps me a lot:

Attachments

• hat.jpeg
    hat.jpeg
    5.1 KB · Views: 307
Reactions: meissner58

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads