Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Antennas too short to permit landing gear spacer install

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ududidj, Feb 7, 2014.

1. ududidj

Hello group.

I purchased some landing gear spacers on eBay to get the phantom up a bit off the ground to give a bit more clearance for my GoPro.

Seems the two receiver antennas are a bit short and there's no extra length inside of the hull. If I install the spacers the antennas will be a bit further up into the leg assembly. Could this pose a problem with anything?

The compass cable seems to have adequate slack available to permit the spacers so at least that should be OK.

Thanks for any info.

2. Sokol

I bought what you're talking about and it has had no effect on mine...the antennae seem to work perfectly. I just moved the compass up the leg about 1/2 inch.

3. Dtacmed

Should have no effect at all. I fly 2.4 in planes and helis with the antenna completely inside the fuselage.