Antenna signal.

I can check my Phnatom 4 with a Spectrum Analyzer! It isn't easy since the frequency shifts and you need to do it at a location with no WiFi!

Reactions: Harleydude
How do check the signal strength of your Antenna's ?
Below is a link to one Youtuber who regularly tests antennas. In this video he is testing an FPV 5.8Ghz triple feed patch antenna for performance. As mentioned above by @xmtrdr, it's a bit more complicated with DJI products as many incorporate frequency shift in the transmissions.

Reactions: Harleydude
It really is hard to believe in today's day and age that there isn't a simple, comprehensive piece of hardware that one can use to to analyze RF output across a wide band of frequencies. I have a simple analyzer that I have used, but I find the scale to be illogical, the process clumsy and the results dodgy. Hopefully, someday someone will invent one that plugs into a tablet that will work as well as some of the apps I use for checking WiFi signal strength.

1596387494126.png

D

Microwave scales are read in reverse -90 dBm being weak &-20 dBm is the strongest (1watt) the unknown is probably your signal. Apologies if I'm teaching my granny to suck eggs.

Below is a link to one Youtuber who regularly tests antennas. In this video he is testing an FPV 5.8Ghz triple feed patch antenna for performance. As mentioned above by @xmtrdr, it's a bit more complicated with DJI products as many incorporate frequency shift in the transmissions.

Without even looking, I'm going to guess that the reader in the YouTube video is an inline device (because they all are), which makes it all but useless for any DJI product.

D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj