Antenna problems.

Reaction score
I am having trouble removing the Antenna's from Phantom 3 controller. I may have to destroy them to get them out, has anyone any suggestions on how to remove them. thank's. Colin.

If you are referring to the wires, they are hard to remove. Be very careful. You can damage the connection and the board. If you break something, i have an extra controller I can sell you.

Hi, It's not the wires, it's the antenna where it goes through the body of the controller. You have to squeeze the two halves together to pull the antenna out, but it's not coming out.

Yes I have seen that vid but he has broken the casing of the controller, I am struggling with the antenna's they wont come out of the casing.

Yes I have seen that vid but he has broken the casing of the controller, I am struggling with the antenna's they wont come out of the casing.
He hasn't "broken" the casing, just opened it to get access to where the antenna is held in place and plugged into the circuit board. You cannot remove the antenna without doing this.

Reactions: brigerdrones
He hasn't "broken" the casing, just opened it to get access to where the antenna is held in place and plugged into the circuit board. You cannot remove the antenna without doing this.

The First vid from 4 yrs ago he says the controller has "Fallen" and "broke" one of the Antenna's, he has to glue it back in. another vid, 3 Pro/Adv Mod. He has to cut then off.

Never mind the 4 year old video.
If you watch the video I linked right through he splits the casing and then goes into great detail how to replace the antenna.

What you have to do is use a pair of pliers and pinch/ compress inwards together the two halves (arrowed in red) at the same time pushing the pliers forward and wriggling the antenna blade while pulling it at the same time.
You might need to remove the wheel assembly (marked in yellow) to get a better purchase on the two halves
Do this slowly so that you don't damage the lips on the antenna blade as this is what locks it in position and holds it in, just in case you want to use the OEM antennas again

1595483905477.png

Never mind the 4 year old video.
If you watch the video I linked right through he splits the casing and then goes into great detail how to replace the antenna.
[/QUOTE]

Not sure which vid you mean, there are at least 60 vids in that link. A lot deal with the standard controller but that is different.

What you have to do is use a pair of pliers and pinch/ compress inwards together the two halves (arrowed in red) at the same time pushing the pliers forward and wriggling the antenna blade while pulling it at the same time.
You might need to remove the wheel assembly (marked in yellow) to get a better purchase on the two halves
Do this slowly so that you don't damage the lips on the antenna blade as this is what locks it in position and holds it in, just in case you want to use the OEM antennas again

View attachment 119518
I have been trying that but finding it impossible they just wont budge.

Try this link....

It is the same video without all the others showing. The info from Iannes in post #9 above is exactly the same so watch the video. it is very explicit and you won't go wrong or break anything if you follow it!

I have been trying that but finding it impossible they just wont budge.

What you might have to do is grab one of the lips with the pliers and twist and push it in towards the center, so it releases from the latching onto the side.
This will destroy the lip/tab, so you won't be able to put the original antenna back

What you might have to do is grab one of the lips with the pliers and twist and push it in towards the center, so it releases from the latching onto the side.
This will destroy the lip/tab, so you won't be able to put the original antenna back
I have been trying to avoid destroying the antenna, but I might have to. Where would I get replacements from ?

Good question, why are you removing the antenna in the first place Colin? Is it physically broken or what?

There was some bit's of loose plastic in my controller, on investigation I found the Joystick mounts had broken, so I got hold of another controller (just the shell) my intention is to swap the insides over to the other controller. But having trouble with the antenna's

I have managed to make One good controller out of Two bad ones, I am pleased with result up to now but not ad a chance to test it yet.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31