antenna problem

Reaction score
Hi.i was putting a control nob on my controler and I accidently ripped the antenna out of the littel box insibe of the controler so I solderd it back on but my range is only about 35m any ideas?

The same happened to me. First time I soldered it back on the little bronze/copper connector and had the same results as you. Then I removed that connector and scraped the rubber stuff off, soldered directly to the little bump where the connector used to be. Seems to be fine now, I flew it out over the lake until I lost sight and brought it back with no problem. I have no idea what the actual range of my FC40 is now but I never fly it further than I can see it so I should be OK.

Glad to hear it :D I've been looking for a replacement controller to keep on hand just in case and it seems that the FC40 and Vision controllers are much more expensive than the Phantom 1 and 2. If you find a source for model PVT581 at a good price please share here.

Glad to hear you got it working right again. trying to soldering them crimp on female mini pci connecters is a real pain in the butt.

Thanks J. My mishap happened after I read your post about the CE/FCC setting in the RC. Mine doesn't have the usb on the outside so I had to open it up. Thanks for the tip.

Woody said:
Glad to hear it :D I've been looking for a replacement controller to keep on hand just in case and it seems that the FC40 and Vision controllers are much more expensive than the Phantom 1 and 2. If you find a source for model PVT581 at a good price please share here.

I saw some on Ebay. Most were $160, but there was one with a low price and a few bids. One never knows what something will sell for ahead of time. Most of the bidding occurs in the last 30 seconds of an auction in many cases.

I searched for the PVT581

I take it 5.8 Ghz controllers are not used elsewhere, so we are limited to these?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94