Antenna Angle... with sun shade

Reaction score
So i have the summit sun shade and it works ok (im underwhelmed, still cant see anything on my screen).
BUt the problem i have is now i cant put the antennas straight up, perpendicular to the ground. so I think my overall range will be limited. Today i started losing signal at 4000ft.
Any thoughts?

In bright sun, find a shade or use a photographers head cover cloth to block out the sun glare.

I flew mine from inside my pickup last week sitting under a shade tree-- great vision on the ipad with no glare. Went out about 1/2 mile at about 200 ft-- no issues, would have pushed the limits a little but the wind was 15 to 20 mph--- I was ready to climb out of the truck, if I lost signal. :D going to do some more range testing when the weather and wind get better.

So i have the summit sun shade and it works ok (im underwhelmed, still cant see anything on my screen).
BUt the problem i have is now i cant put the antennas straight up, perpendicular to the ground. so I think my overall range will be limited. Today i started losing signal at 4000ft.
Any thoughts?

The manual shows the antennas out an an angle, not perpendicular like the Phantom 2s.

Any thoughts?
Simply tilt the controls to angle the antennas correctly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1