Answers, in order

skip to 6....always offer them to fly it. My little 10 year old neighbour even flew the p3p. This creates trust.

Reactions: DougAles
I just spent the afternoon letting my granddaughters 10 & 7 fly my p4 from auto takeoff to auto land.
They set in my lap and I talked them through it. New phantom fans.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I think I misunderstood "others" - 99% of the time when I get asked the OP questions, it's from a stranger. I do NOT offer strangers to fly my P4. I DO allow my FAMILY to fly it.

Reactions: DougAles
You need a number 7.

"How much did that cost?"

I'm a complete noob at drones but in the few days I've had it that question has come up quite a bit! Lol!

My answer... "Enough to get it off the ground." ;)

I wait until I've done something highly illegal and I see the police coming, then I hand the remote to a stranger and say, "Here! You try it!", and walk away. ;)

Last edited:
I allowed my son to fly my P4 yesterday. He got a Drone for xmas and he tried his, but it was too light and it was breezy to downright windy outdoors. I flew his and once it caught the wind, it tried to wander off and wouldn't come back so I landed it and explained that he needed more calm winds. He was bummed but got excited when I offered him my controller to fly. He did a great job and I'll let him fly it again soon.

I let my son (25 yrs old) fly my Parrot. He divebombed it right into a tree. His girlfriend looked at him and said, "Really? There was one tree in the field! ONE!"

Reactions: ServiceCall
You need a number 7.

"How much did that cost?"

I'm a complete noob at drones but in the few days I've had it that question has come up quite a bit! Lol!

My answer... "Enough to get it off the ground." ;)

That's number #3

I have only had my P3 for a few weeks but i have never been asked by anyone to fly it. actually, nobody has spoken to me at all while flying it.

I let my 3 year old try it out, not fly it. I just make sure that it's high enough and give him right stick only. He's incredibly smart and gets it right away.

The trick to letting someone fly it, is let someone fly it that has way more money than you so they can buy you shiny new one.

I let my pilot buddy of mine without a moment of hesitation...

:D

Plus, he's a pilot and way more qualified to fly it than I ever will be.

I honestly get way WAY more people chatting me up about motorcycles. Seems like every bloody gas station in the world is full of people whose 'dad had one once'

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers