Another firmware update question....

Reaction score
When I got my P3 I duly updated the firmware. All went fine and actually updated in around two minutes.

I've just gone to update to 1.1.9 and had a bit of a problem. I was getting the D-D-D-D fine. The P3 made the startup bleeps several times over a ten minute period and then the camera switched off (swiveled down) and the LED's switched off. The D-D-D-D continued for another five minutes and then just stopped. Not the DD-D that you are supposed to get when done. I read the SD card and got this:

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 unsynchronized ======
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.01.0009.bin
Upgrading ...

ooh I thought, thats not good. So I put the SD card back in and started her up. She started fine, without going into firmware update. The App shows current firmware 1.1.9 and everything seems fine. I checked the SD card again and now I got:

Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 unsynchronized ======
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

So has the firmware upgraded ok or should I be worried?

Also, is this firmware for the bird only? I tried updating the controller and get the 'identical or older' message.

Thanks

Hi there, I just receiver my drone yesterday and am first unboxing and getting setup this morning. I have successfully updated the drone firmware to the latest .09 version. My controller won't update because the new firmware does not affect the controller. Does anyone know if my controller straight out of the box will work well with the latest drone firmware update? Thanks!

Hi there, I just receiver my drone yesterday and am first unboxing and getting setup this morning. I have successfully updated the drone firmware to the latest .09 version. My controller won't update because the new firmware does not affect the controller. Does anyone know if my controller straight out of the box will work well with the latest drone firmware update? Thanks!
If you just unboxed, then your controller is already 1.8. So yes, the controller will play nice. You'll know if an update is needed because it will tell you so.

Does anyone know exactly what the version 1.1.9 firmware changes or adds to the previous firmware. Is it adding more operating menus or ??

Does anyone know exactly what the version 1.1.9 firmware changes or adds to the previous firmware. Is it adding more operating menus or ??
The release info is posted on the DJI download page and it's posted here in another firmware thread. It does not change anything you'd care about.

A buddy just got his P3 advanced. I just did the FW upgrade for him. All went fine, but the IOS app is still showing that the bird needs a FW upgrade. Anyone else had this issue? Also the txt file showed success so I know it took the upgrade. I'm an owner of an Inspire so I have done many FW upgrades but have never seen this. Any insight would be appreciated.

A buddy just got his P3 advanced. I just did the FW upgrade for him. All went fine, but the IOS app is still showing that the bird needs a FW upgrade. Anyone else had this issue? Also the txt file showed success so I know it took the upgrade. I'm an owner of an Inspire so I have done many FW upgrades but have never seen this. Any insight would be appreciated.
What version did you upgrade? there are two and you have to do both if the quad came with the original version as well as update the controller.

Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.1.9
@bobmyers I tried doing the controller too but the text file said it already had it. Seems odd.
It probably did-- the first update had the controller update in it. I preordered my p3 the day they were released for order, so I have the the first edition. If the update is not current, the app will detect it.

My buddy got his P3 advanced yesterday and brought it by today. The first thing I did was update the firmware with the latest. The bird updated just fine, but the app says it isn't. I've never seen that before at least on my inspire. Must be an app bug or something.

My buddy got his P3 advanced yesterday and brought it by today. The first thing I did was update the firmware with the latest. The bird updated just fine, but the app says it isn't. I've never seen that before at least on my inspire. Must be an app bug or something.
Ck the DJI website for the update numbers--- I had to update the controller out of the box along with the aircraft. I did not have to update the controller to go to 1.1.9 firmware update-- the second one.

That's what I did. There's only one up on the site for the P3 Advanced.

Attachments

• upload_2015-5-23_15-45-21.png
    upload_2015-5-23_15-45-21.png
    135.4 KB · Views: 418
  • Screen Shot 2015-05-23 at 3.43.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-23 at 3.43.17 PM.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 401
That's what I did. There's only one up on the site for the P3 Advanced.
That is the correct firmware 1.1.9 update and if you just received your Phantom, that should be all you need. I do know that you cant install the 1.1.9 update unless your already have the firmware updated to 1.1.8. I don't think you could have updated to 1.1.9 if 1.1.8 were not already existing on your controller and air craft. You may have a technical support issue with DJI if they sent you a controller that was not updated from the original version.

got ya. Thanks for the info. I appreciate it and I'll pass it on to my buddy who owns the P3. Have a great weekend. Cheers!

When I got my P3 I duly updated the firmware. All went fine and actually updated in around two minutes.

I've just gone to update to 1.1.9 and had a bit of a problem. I was getting the D-D-D-D fine. The P3 made the startup bleeps several times over a ten minute period and then the camera switched off (swiveled down) and the LED's switched off. The D-D-D-D continued for another five minutes and then just stopped. Not the DD-D that you are supposed to get when done. I read the SD card and got this:

Upgrading ...

ooh I thought, thats not good. So I put the SD card back in and started her up. She started fine, without going into firmware update. The App shows current firmware 1.1.9 and everything seems fine. I checked the SD card again and now I got:

Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 unsynchronized ======
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

So has the firmware upgraded ok or should I be worried?

Also, is this firmware for the bird only? I tried updating the controller and get the 'identical or older' message.

Thanks
I've done the same thing, the pilot app says I need to upgrade, but the bird flys fine???

Same with me. But the bird seems to fly fine

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20