Another Arrest! Fess up which one of you is Beesmer?

The photo of the guy looks creepy.

I'd have been expecting him to be flying his copter peeping into the morgue, rather than the examination room.

The idiots are going to screw things up for the rest of us, and given the recent news coverage, they're making that happen very quickly.

Werz said:
The idiots are going to screw things up for the rest of us, and given the recent news coverage, they're making that happen very quickly.
im sure these same words were spoken the first time a RC plane crashed into a person, the first time a RC Helicopter actually and literally nearly beheaded a person in New Jersey a couple years ago, etc..

chicken little

I suppose one could give the guy the benefit of the doubt, most medical buildings are tinted so much that there's no way to see inside. - but as we've seen in the news as well, some people out there are frightened of the though os seeing a drone with a camera on it, some people are paranoid and think they're being spied on the moment they see one.

CRankin said:
The photo of the guy looks creepy.

I'd have been expecting him to be flying his copter peeping into the morgue, rather than the examination room.

He does have that "helter skelter" look about him...

phantomguy said:
Werz said:
im sure these same words were spoken the first time a RC plane crashed into a person, the first time a RC Helicopter actually and literally nearly beheaded a person in New Jersey a couple years ago, etc..
If this was only the first time that I had seen a Phantom in the news media in the past few weeks, I might agree with you. Unfortunately, it is not. And the stories do not tend to be favorable.

I am very involved in Second Amendment advocacy, and the one thing getting as much negative attention in American news media as UAV photographic platforms, it is the open carry of firearms, particularly long guns, into private business establishments. In the places where the latter has occurred, it has been perfectly lawful, but it has received a lot of negative reaction. I've only been into the UAV hobby for a couple of months, and I'm already having a deja vu experience when it comes to people using poor judgment while engaging in lawful activities. When that happens, legislative prohibitions are soon to follow.

I'm half tempted to give this hobby up if this is who the general public is going to associate me with. Good grief!!!

The media and public are looking at this all wrong.
If there's one sure way to get busted peeping in windows it's with a noisy quad copter buzzing and flying around. There's little chance anyone is going to be noticed using binoculars, a telescope or a camera with a long lens from a distance hiding somewhere else.
I'm sure REAL perverts are masters at being discreet.

Double-D said:
I'm sure REAL perverts are masters at being discreet.

But...like...if everyone thought you were a pervert already, would you not want to avoid the mere appearance of impropriety? I don't know how you count this as anything other than him being a *******.

Man that is one creepy photo :shock:

My take: Last week we had the "big story" of the two guys "flying their drone over a police helicopter." Turned out to be total BS and a complete overreaction by the police. I suspect this story will turn out much the same. From what I read, the guy took someone to the hospital and was flying his quad while waiting. BFD if he happened to be flying near a building window. That doesn't mean he was a peeping Tom or trying to catch people in compromising positions.

Dirty Bird said:
My take: Last week we had the "big story" of the two guys "flying their drone over a police helicopter." Turned out to be total BS and a complete overreaction by the police. I suspect this story will turn out much the same. From what I read, the guy took someone to the hospital and was flying his quad while waiting. BFD if he happened to be flying near a building window. That doesn't mean he was a peeping Tom or trying to catch people in compromising positions.

I think the real concern here is the confidential nature of medical information. The hospital will press charges, they have too.

Dirty Bird said:
CarlJ said:
I think the real concern here is the confidential nature of medical information. The hospital will press charges, they have too.

How did the Phantom compromise patient confidentiality?

I don't know, does the video show anyone walking into the building? Was it a medical facility that specializes in the treatment of AIDS...cancer? Of course the simple minded approach is going to be that the Phantom was somehow able to get footage of medical records, but we all know that's impossible...but I bet the hospital doesn't know that!

I'm sure not knowing what is on that video has them very nervous.

Sad thing is he was probably just thinking it would be a cool shot of the phantom in a reflective window, like the phantom taking a picture of itself and never considered the ramifications nor was interested in trying to videotape something inside the window.

seminole360 said:
I'm half tempted to give this hobby up if this is who the general public is going to associate me with. Good grief!!!

I got rid of my Phantoms last spring partly due issues with them, and partly due to wanting to see how this summer goes.
A few of us tried to get people to be more "aware" of what might happen if we kept pushing the limits and doing things that would cast a bad light on the sport.
Unfortunately a lot of of people here just didn't have the intelligence to be able to connect the dots and differentiate between what's legal for them to do, from what could bring on more heat and bannings .... as well as cast these flying cameras and the people that fly them, in a bad light.
Such is the state of the times we live in.

Although something might be legal, if a LEO deems it dangerous, you just might find yourself spending time and money to defend yourself in court ... or like in the case of the Washington Bridge fiasco, the LEO's might get away with just outright liyng about what you did, simply because they too are becoming prejudiced by the growing and undeniable negative slant on these in the media, and the same growing negative slant against the people that fly them .... in the minds of the public.

A huge amount of this was self generated by a lot of assholes on this forum that have no sense of the real world or how it really works.
So ... although I'm still looking to get back in, the chances of that are becoming more and more slim as the summer progresses.
But at least I do get to say ... "told ya so" ... to the few "Nobody tells 'me' what to do!!!" stupid fucks here. :lol:

Flyer91 said:
I got rid of my Phantoms last spring partly due issues with them, and partly due to wanting to see how this summer goes.
A few of us tried to get people to be more "aware" of what might happen if we kept pushing the limits and doing things that would cast a bad light on the sport.
Unfortunately a lot of of people here just didn't have the intelligence to be able to connect the dots and differentiate between what's legal for them to do, from what could bring on more heat and bannings .... as well as cast these flying cameras and the people that fly them, in a bad light.

I do understand your feelings and reasons for getting out of the hobby but, you shouldn't let the actions of others ultimately dictate what you do or don't. I feel that the majority of flyers are responsible and level headed folks who aren't trying to draw attention to themselves or the hobby.

May as well have responsible fun while you can, IMO.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl