Annoyance Factor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm one of the few people who doesn't drool over the thought of owning a Mavic. The smaller form factor doesn't do anything for my particular drone needs, but I have to say that the smaller form-factor would make deploying the Mavic in public less of a grand production and I'd agree that there could be real value in that. Relative to my use, that's the best argument I've heard yet for getting a Mavic over a P4.

That and the $89 dollar, 27 minute flight time batteries......

My buddy actually turned me into a brilliant idea while flying to keep the pesky looky-loos from barrating you with millions of dumb questions while your trying to do a precision flight! Go to harbor freight, pickup a $5 reflective orange vest and wear it while flying. People automatically assume you're doing some kind of professional surveying! Even cops don't bother me!
Perfect! I'm heading to harbor Frieght now!

you are insured on the basis you are qualified to drive and hold a valid driving license...... yes they will drop you mid policy

NO they will NOT drop you. But the state will require sr22 if you still drive. Trust me I know.

NO they will NOT drop you. But the state will require sr22 if you still drive. Trust me I know.
I live in England, if you drive a car without a license for what ever reason any insurance you may hold will not be valid.... trust me I know

Reactions: Uralba
My buddy actually turned me into a brilliant idea while flying to keep the pesky looky-loos from barrating you with millions of dumb questions while your trying to do a precision flight! Go to harbor freight, pickup a $5 reflective orange vest and wear it while flying. People automatically assume you're doing some kind of professional surveying! Even cops don't bother me!

I'm assuming that you normally fly pretty high and far?

I used to get a lot of gawking and requests to "fly" my P1 when I first got it, but I was usually taping things pretty low to the ground and I stayed <20m at all times. I am assuming that the orange vest has limited value if they can see the quad.

Ah, the Brits and Americans at it again. Lol

Haha let the Aussies join in too.....

Any insurance you might hold be it part of the car registration (3rd party insurance) or even Full Comp insurance, if your licence is suspended or whatever you are NOT covered by insurance. It's also worth reminding insurance companies don't change pending on which country you live in > What I mean by that is insurance companies look for ANY way out of paying a claim and if you aren't licensed your boned.....at least in AUS you are!

Fines here in Canberra for no licence - $500 odd
Then because no licence, you don't have 3rd party insurance - that's another $500 odd

Gets expensive fast and thats if you are just caught much less involved in an accident which doesn't not even bare thinking about...you'd be paying that sh1t off for the rest of your life!

Uh huh. That seems to be true of the majority of Mavic posters too.

Yes, but my post was in response to your statement "that's the best argument I've heard yet for getting a Mavic over a P4."

My reply was the $89 batteries and extended flight time (27minutes max per DJI) were also compelling features.

Yes, but my post was in response to your statement "that's the best argument I've heard yet for getting a Mavic over a P4."

My reply was the $89 batteries and extended flight time (27minutes max per DJI) were also compelling features.
Yes, if true. I see the batteries advertised for $89, and that's cool, but lack of broad consumer use makes me inclined to view the Mavic's 27-minute claim as just that...a claim. Time will tell.

Yes, if true. I see the batteries advertised for $89, and that's cool, but lack of broad consumer use makes me inclined to view the Mavic's 27-minute claim as just that...a claim. Time will tell.

Agreed.
We will not see 27 minute flights....but I would be happy with 22-23.
With my P3A I get anywhere between 18-21 or so.

Oh really? They can not drop you mid policy unless fraud or the like is involved. But whatever

Not to sidetrack the thread too much but yes, it is quite possible the insurance company will not cover a loss once they discover your friend is driving on a suspended/revoked license. Not to mention, at least around here, he would automatically go to jail for driving on said license. Trust me, I know.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic