Android tablet not going into full standby with pilot app running

Reaction score
I had let me android tablet goto sleep/standby (samsung tab S 8.4) with the pilot app running.

I came back to the tablet an hour or so later and it was very warm, took it out of sleep and the battery was down to 40% from 80% when I was flying a while earlier.

Looks like the pilot app still runs in the background even if its asleep.

Looks like you need to ensure you power off the device between flights.

Not sure I understand any "situation". When you leave an app running.. it stays running. When you leave the device on... it stays on (with the display turning off). Nothing changes because it's the Pilot app. If you don't want the battery to drain due to a running app you don't need to turn off the device (unless you want), just exit out of the app.

if you're running the pilot app. you dont want it to shut down while your flying so it's program to stay on. Once you're done, close the program and it won't drain your battery.

Yes but if the device goes to sleep so should the apps.

The whole idea of sleep is you can put it into sleep pick it up a week later and carry on from where you left off

Yes but if the device goes to sleep so should the apps.

The whole idea of sleep is you can put it into sleep pick it up a week later and carry on from where you left off
It's the GPS that stays on, even when you exit the app or your tablet sleeps. You have to kill the app when you're not using it.

It's the GPS that stays on, even when you exit the app or your tablet sleeps. You have to kill the app when you're not using it.

Really ?

Odd you would have thought sleep is sleep and everything is frozen.

Is this the same on iOS ?

Really ?

Odd you would have thought sleep is sleep and everything is frozen.

Is this the same on iOS ?
It's a bug. It shouldn't be happening. Highly doubt iOS has the same problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.