Android OS DJI Go & DJI GO4 on Same Device ?

Reaction score
Hi Guy's,
I have a question maybe someone can help my with, Ok I own a new P3 Advanced and a New P4 and I have the DJI GO app for the P3 advanced installed and the DJI Go4 both installed on the same device, Now when I attempt to connect to my P3 Adv. it opens my app for the P4 instead of for the P3 adv. ? AND WILL NOT CONNECT TO THE P3, Do I need to have two separate devices so I can fly them both ? That seems weird, or maybe can I disable one of the apps so which ever one I'm going to fly only opens the correct app for that Phantom?
Thanks Guys Your All The Best !
SteveP55

No. You can have them installed on the same device and use the different apps respectively. In android though.. there is an issue. By default, the aircraft will try to connect to the "last used" app. In order to run both apps you have to clear the android defaults and then your aircraft will connect properly to the correct app.

Try this link for instructions if you are unsure how to clear defaults.

What Android device are you using? I had issues on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, using DJI GO, DJI GO 4 and Litchi. On Samsung tablets you can create separate users too which gets rid of some of the headaches, you can have a user setup for each app and just switch users.

Thank You,
I'm sorry for posting it to the wrong area, please forgive me, I'm still a Newbe LOL,
Here is something strange though, I went into my Android and did a FORCE stop on the DJIGo 4 app and when I connected to my P3 it opened up as a P3 pro instead of a Advanced model ? weird. but it opened and connected.
Thanks again and I'll be careful not to post in the wrong area.
SteveP55

Last edited:
What Android device are you using? I had issues on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, using DJI GO, DJI GO 4 and Litchi. On Samsung tablets you can create separate users too which gets rid of some of the headaches, you can have a user setup for each app and just switch users.
Thanks ryantrax, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy J7 phone, read my post above this one to see what I did, crazy but worked.
Thanks A Bunch
SteveP55

No. You can have them installed on the same device and use the different apps respectively. In android though.. there is an issue. By default, the aircraft will try to connect to the "last used" app. In order to run both apps you have to clear the android defaults and then your aircraft will connect properly to the correct app.

Try this link for instructions if you are unsure how to clear defaults.
Hi Again,
Ok when I follow these instructions and tap on either the DJIGo or the DJIGo 4 app in the Application info and to set as Default it says none set as Default and the button for clear Defaults is dimmed so I can't clear defaults on either app ?
So what is the procedure then, they both show the same thing?
Thanks For Your Help
SteveP55

Hi Steve;

I was just looking at something similar with my P3 this weekend. I have DJI Go and DJI Go 4 installed on three Android devices. The DJI Go software would connect to the P3 fine and show only very bad video with no gps or anything else showing up on all three devices. DJI Go 4 is working fine with the P4 so I uninstalled DJI Go 4 on one device and everything started working just like it usually does for the P3. I wonder if this is related to the DJI app software update that came out from the store recently. It used to work fine, but something changed on all the devices. Guess I will stick with one device for the P3 since I like flying the P3 often for fun. It fly's a lot less restricted by the sensors and smart software used by the P4.

Hi Teckwitt,
That's exactly what I did, I use my iPad Mini 3 for my P4 and I use my Android phone for my P3 Advanced and I have No issues with either Phantom or DJI GO or the DJI GO4 apps. They tried to tell me oh no they can both be on the same device, well it did not work out for me, that's why I changed them from one device to two devices.
Anyway thanks for contributing to this discussion.
Take Care
SteveP55

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20