And the jet engine still kept running.

b6662c62-b29c-4f91-8ac9-8152fe0d1ce8.jpg
look on face says it all

Engine is not "running" its windmilling , airflow spinning the fan blades.
Pilot would of had a very high N1 vibration and shut down the engine so no that engine is not running but spinning.

While I'm no aeronautical engineer, I do seem to think things are not all that great within the confines of that engines' cowling.
Might just be me, but I'm of the opinion that, seeing this through the port window, I'd be wanting to land at the first available opportunity. Again, that's just my personal preference... [Calls ahead to have a fresh pair of drawers ready. Current pair has lost the battle to retain the in-flight peanuts as well as the taco salad and beer consumed before takeoff...]

Brad

Reactions: BigAl07
While I'm no aeronautical engineer, I do seem to think things are not all that great within the confines of that engines' cowling.
Might just be me, but I'm of the opinion that, seeing this through the port window, I'd be wanting to land at the first available opportunity. Again, that's just my personal preference... [Calls ahead to have a fresh pair of drawers ready. Current pair has lost the battle to retain the in-flight peanuts as well as the taco salad and beer consumed before takeoff...]

Brad

Agree. Landing at first available alternate airport would be a priority.

Also agree on having spare fruit-of-the-looms ready for deployment upon landing.

• Haha
Reactions: Shoot4fun
Pretty sure mine would look like a toddlers diaper after a day of watermelon, juiceboxes, and those little pink sugar wafers with no changing... ?

Don't care much for flying anyway. That video don't really help improve my outlook on said transportation. I'll take a train!

Brad

Don't care much for flying anyway. That video don't really help improve my outlook on said transportation. I'll take a train!

Brad

Interestingly the accident statistics show flying as the safest form of travel measured by miles covered.
This biases flying as planes travel much faster.
Hard to find comparisons between cars/trains and planes based on number of journeys, guessing flying would still be on top, but I wonder by how much?

Interestingly the accident statistics show flying as the safest form of travel measured by miles covered.
This biases flying as planes travel much faster.
Hard to find comparisons between cars/trains and planes based on number of journeys, guessing flying would still be on top, but I wonder by how much?
The thing about flying is, you give up all rights as a human. You are a sardine in a can. If something goes wrong, you can do nothing, but watch a observer as your trust is totally in a pilot whom you don't know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.