And I thought I got duped....

Reaction score
Found this really good deal on an internet face to face transaction. It was listed (Phantom 3 Standard) for a price that is too good to be true. Meet with the guy but was unable to make a full test since the battery was drained where it won’t even power up. Listed as almost new with all the manuals, box it came with, stickers, brand new 2 sets of dji propellers. It looks as described so I went ahead with the transaction. Went home and charge up the battery. Halfway charged and should be good enough just to test it! I was on a garage basement but with Internet connection, btw. Inserted the battery and powered it on. Powered up and camera adjusted itself. Great! Pressed the sticks downwards/inwards. Nothing! No movement from the motor! Took it outside and and tried again. Still nothing. Btw, the drone came with prop guards already attached and I have heard a lot of horror stories re: removing and screwing back with the same long screws and frying all the motors. I left it unattended since I have to leave for the weekend to Palm Springs. The whole weekend, all I did was read and watch for possible causes. Fly my Mavic pro to ease my mind once in a while. Came back today and took it outside in an open wide area. Let it warm up. And something that I forgot to do, calibrate the compass manually. Yellow turned green. Flashing green. Pulled down the sticks and what do you know, started right away. Flew her until the battery started beeping. So happy but my confusion is, why didn’t it start before? Although the color was yellow and not green, would it have started anyway?
Anyway, I think 180.00 usd is a sweet deal for an almost new p3, won’t you agree?
I hope you guys had a great weekend.

Found this really good deal on an internet face to face transaction. It was listed (Phantom 3 Standard) for a price that is too good to be true. Meet with the guy but was unable to make a full test since the battery was drained where it won’t even power up. Listed as almost new with all the manuals, box it came with, stickers, brand new 2 sets of dji propellers. It looks as described so I went ahead with the transaction. Went home and charge up the battery. Halfway charged and should be good enough just to test it! I was on a garage basement but with Internet connection, btw. Inserted the battery and powered it on. Powered up and camera adjusted itself. Great! Pressed the sticks downwards/inwards. Nothing! No movement from the motor! Took it outside and and tried again. Still nothing. Btw, the drone came with prop guards already attached and I have heard a lot of horror stories re: removing and screwing back with the same long screws and frying all the motors. I left it unattended since I have to leave for the weekend to Palm Springs. The whole weekend, all I did was read and watch for possible causes. Fly my Mavic pro to ease my mind once in a while. Came back today and took it outside in an open wide area. Let it warm up. And something that I forgot to do, calibrate the compass manually. Yellow turned green. Flashing green. Pulled down the sticks and what do you know, started right away. Flew her until the battery started beeping. So happy but my confusion is, why didn’t it start before? Although the color was yellow and not green, would it have started anyway?
Anyway, I think 180.00 usd is a sweet deal for an almost new p3, won’t you agree?
I hope you guys had a great weekend.
Lucky dog! And no, if the lights is yellow, she won't leave the ground, to the best of my knowledge. Mine has to go thru its warm up, get its little drawers all situated, then turn the lights green before it'll do anything. I've had issues where I'd have to completely shut it down, pull the battery, turn remote off and then start it all up before mine would do anything.

Reactions: Izzy1970
Hey Izzy 1970. Sounds like a great buy. Hope you get lots of enjoyment with it. Here’s what I’d like to add. This has all be said here before by fellow PhantomPilots. If you haven’t already, download the manual for the PS3 and read it several times. There is lots of good information there. Also our friend YouTube has a great selection of videos for people new to the drone world. Lots for the PS3 specifically. I certainly learned a lot from them.
Happy Flying

Izzy,
I'm not tryin to burst your bubble my friend, but I just purchased one for $5 less than you did...

That was the sound of me, doing my Happy Dance!
Sorry. Couldn't help myself. Really. Couldn't stop... ?
But seriously, in my own personal opinion, the P3 is a wonderful aircraft that will take a LOT of abuse before it starts crying!(It's in the hospital right now, waiting on parts...) My first one was a Christmas gift from the wife and daughter in 2017, and I've flown the tar out of this thing! I just recently purchased 2 batteries so I could fly it more than 20 minutes at a time. The "new" P3 is coming with 2, so now we'll have 5 between us. Can't wait to turn my daughter loose with her "own" bird! Haven't told her I bought it yet... ?

Last edited:
Izzy,
I'm not tryin to burst your bubble my friend, but I just purchased one for $5 less than you did...

That was the sound of me, doing my Happy Dance!
Sorry. Couldn't help myself. Really. Couldn't stop... [emoji16]

But with extra brand new dji propellers, manual, box and a bunch of dji stickers? Please say no, please say no! [emoji51]

Reactions: Shoot4fun
It probably didn't have GPS signal in the basement, and it probably hadn't warmed up yet the first time, or still didn't have enough satellites. It can take a minute or so to get warmed up and gps lock. So you have to be patient. Have fun with your P3S. That's the drone I cut my teeth on and it's really fun!

Reactions: Izzy1970
It probably didn't have GPS signal in the basement, and it probably hadn't warmed up yet the first time, or still didn't have enough satellites. It can take a minute or so to get warmed up and gps lock. So you have to be patient. Have fun with your P3S. That's the drone I cut my teeth on and it's really fun!

Nice profile. Nice strat.

Nice profile. Nice strat.
To make the profile picture I set my camera up on a tripod and remote shoot the photo, then cut around myself and put the black background in with Photoshop. I love making cool profile pictures. I'm going to have to make a new one with my new drone! (I've been droneless for 2 years!)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers