Amazon using helis...potentially.

I saw that 'demo' on 60 Minutes last night as well...very interesting to say the least. Not sure I'd want to live next to someone who was in the "Book A Day" club and had an Amazacopter swooping in on a regular basis...!! Might make yard work challenging!

mediaguru said:
What could possibly go wrong?

Right? :lol:

Multirotors big enough to lift several kg and fly a 20-mile round trip, randomly landing in what may or may not be somebody's yard. With no prop guards. At least the UPS guy never slices up your neighbor's dog.

Is there any real reason that the AmazDrones could not make their deliveries in the dead of night when most people and dogs are bedded down??

"What's that buzzing sound outside the front door?"
"Don't worry dear, this will be a good time to break out the 'ol 12 gauge...!!"
"OK, just remember to wake me up tomorrow morning so that I can enjoy the crystal vase I bought from Amazon yesterday...!"

I never thought in my wildest dreams that drones would be used this way. I fully expect within the next year or so to start seeing drones all over the place, from delivery to fire fighting to taking a cup of flour over to your neighbor. :D

NBC nightly news just reported this with Brian Williams and they had a Phantom flying in the studio live.... :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1