Amazon Prime $99.00

• Thread starter Deleted member 18643
  • Start date
It was your fault. No boycott needed. Keep it. I've been using it for years. I make my money back via 2 day shipping etc. I once had a complete trailer hitch overnight delivery ON A SATURDAY for 8.99!!! Can't beat it

Okaaaaay.... Carry on, then... :D

-slinger

dirkclod said:
CarlJ said:
dirkclod said:
How is that pancake stuck to da Rabbits Head :shock:

Um...Syrup? :?

We really should have a hall of fame for these threads...no need to delete choice reading material.
+1 and thanks I was worried it might have Velcro under there .
A Staple gun would hold two on its head! Just sayin :lol:

Amazon Prime can shut up and take my money. Love it.

Attachments

• Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
    Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 725
barefootbeachcombing said:
What the heck are you talking about?

+1

If you are thinking Amazon is ripping people off, who join Amazon Prime, then you are mistaken. No one is forced to join. I joined and I've bought a big screen TV with free shipping. I buy everything from Amazon and I have certainly gotten my money's worth. Malus, a,free digital book a month.

Not only do I buy my products there, I am an Amazon merchant. I know Amazon inside and out and I'm proud to be one of their merchants.

Perhaps you should make your point, a bit more clear.

Maybe he just wanted the Amazon Prime free trial to get his free shipping then cancel.

SteveMann said:
Maybe he just wanted the Amazon Prime free trial to get his free shipping then cancel.

Yes, you can cancel it and get your money back.

I forgot about the free movies and TV shows. I watch them almost nightly. It is one heck of a deal, in my opinion. But, if you rarely order, don't read and don't watch TV, then cancel it!

I think you are also missing something else, that fellow members are trying to get across to you.

Proper use of punctuation, along with paragraphs, makes it so much easier to read. When the text is all crowded together, in one big blob, it is very hard to read and one's sanity is at question! I'm glad that I didn't sleep through all of my English classes!

Now, geography is another matter. I've yet to benefit from that!

See how I used the space bar, punctuation, and the return key? It makes me appear semi-sane even if I'm not! :)

Amazon Prime 101

I thought some of you might benefit from this information.

Why are some products listed as Amazon Prime and others are not? For a product to become eligible for Amazon prime, when a merchant is selling the product, the merchant must ship the products to amazon. Amazon then takes the orders and ships your products out.

Why don't all merchants do this? First, some merchants drop ship. This means, for example, I put my product on Amazon and when you order it, I go to my suppliers website, select the product, pay for it and enter your shipping information and I select the shipping speed based upon what shipping speed you paid for. Your product is shipped, by them, with my corporation's name and address as the return address. The buyer doesn't know that I did this. This reduces my costs, which can be passed on to you and it allows small companies to sell many products.

Another reason merchants may choose to not use Amazon Prime, is the two day shipping requirement. All merchants are required to ship your product within two days, no matter what shipping method you choose. Some products, being shipped from overseas are exempt. If you do not ship within two days, you are penalized by having a mark on your selling status.

Here is why I don't use Amazon prime, even though I purchase my products via amazon prime. Amazon may fail to ship your product, within two days. This counts against MY selling record! If you get too poor of a selling record, you can be banned from selling on amazon. Unfair, huh? Absolutely!

What to watch out for: It might be an IPad issue, but if so, Amazon has failed to fix it even though I brought it to their attention over a year ago. On the item's page, to the right, you can choose two day free shipping (Amazon prime products) or one day shipping for around $3.95. The default setting is one day shipping. So, I select two day shipping, yet it remains stuck on one day shipping. I can not change it! I can only assume the reason. What you can do: Go ahead and add it to your cart and in checkout, select the free two day shipping. If you chose One Click Ordering and it hasn't been set up by you, you will pay that $3.95. Be sure to set up your one click ordering. I would like to know if any of you have problems selecting two day shipping, from the product page.

Lastly, before ordering with Amazon prime, check "other sellers" as sometimes you can get a lower price, including two day shipping. I'm at a crossroad, as I am a faithful Amazon Prime customer. Rarely will I order a product, from a merchant, if it isn't eligible for Amazon prime. So, I know that I could make more sales if I used Amazon Prime. But, I will not let Amazon ruin my excellent selling record when it is THEIR fault! If they would change that, I would at least sell some products as Amazon Prime.

Small merchants, who drop ship are being seriously hurt by Amazon Prime. The more merchants, the lower the product price, due to competition. The profit margin, on Amazon, is small. But, one doesn't need to advertise as you would with your own website.

There is something that Amazon does, not related to amazon prime, that really bothers me. Let's say five merchants are selling the same product. Amazon randomly chooses one merchant's company name to be featured under the product. Some customers never look under "other sellers," so it is a good thing to be featured. However, sometimes directly under my product is the prices at OTHER websites!! Why would Amazon do this to their merchants? Because they make money either way. If that person chooses to purchase from a site other than Amazon, amazon gets a referral fee. I get nothing. That is a very poor way to treat their own merchants.

Now, amazon does inventory and sell their own products, competing with their merchants. I understand that, after all it is their website. BUT, Amazon would not be the giant that it is and would not have the low prices, that they do, without their merchants. So, they should not promote my products on another website!

Now, time for recess kids! Go play.

@PhantomFanatic - While I respect your decision and understand why you choose to not be a prime seller, Amazon Prime sellers do have the edge with a shopper like myself as I will frequently search with the filter to only show prime sellers. I do however also check out the 'other sellers' link as I like to be fully informed when spending my moolah. Another benefit of purchasing from a prime seller is that I can opt out of the 2 day and instead get a credit to the prime book store for my wife's Kindle. Gotta love prime!

Phantom Fanatic,
Interesting story on Amazon Prime. I am a member and will be until April when the year runs out. Big complaint is they refuse to set prime video to work with ALL android and not just a small few. To watch videos I have to tie up my laptop. If they had ALL android devices set to work, I could use my tablet. It has HDMI output.

I am strictly a consumer and live next to the middle of nowhere.
Thanks to Amazon Prime I saved about 2 grand in shipping costs in 2014. Yep, $2,000.00.

Movies and music are like fresh mango icing on the cake.

I just bought my mother a little foot scrubbing pad she can use while she is sitting in the shower. I did this at 8:00 PM local time on Friday. She received it on Sunday. It boggles my mind but makes me smile.

I don't have to drive 50 miles to Wally World and have a greater assortment of products to choose from.

I'll pay the annual fee when it comes due. ;)

Prime was $72 a few days ago. Bought two years worth of membership at that price.

dptcalvin said:
Prime was $72 a few days ago. Bought two years worth of membership at that price.
Wow! Whatever happened to the price increase announced last year right after I signed up in about April? If I remember correctly it was around $130.00

The current annual membership cost $99 a year, up from $79. A student membership cost $49 annually.
In February 14', Amazon said it was considering raising the price to $119 a year but did not follow through.

Happyflyer said:
dptcalvin said:
Wow! Whatever happened to the price increase announced last year right after I signed up in about April? If I remember correctly it was around $130.00
They did a one day sale for $72. I purchased two "gifts" that I just e-mailed to myself so I can redeem them at a later time.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/amitchowdhr ... obes-deal/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav