Amazon PreOrder - Anyone have shipping confirmation?

My Amazon still says Preparing to Ship, April 29...

No, ordered from UAV-Outlet through Amazon...

Yes, if your ordered is from Amazon itself, and not a third party thru Amazon..........your boned. I would put a pre-order in with DronesMadeEasy or Advexure. Or you could always call around to see who has the best date they will be available. The 30 day window is nice, but after the 30 days it would be better if you had went with a dealer that is capable of repairing your drone, or at least helping you get it back in the air.

yup, mine also jumped from may 15 to june 30.... what kind of crap is that? Come on Amazon get it together !!

Mine also jumped to June 30 ... this sucks.

I just cancelled my order.

DJI is doing a great job of shipping units to dealers. Many had extra stock last week to sell and ship. Amazon may indeed be punished for their lack of customer support. The dealers can be very helpful to a newbee!

The delay in a usable IOS app is frustrating, but I really didn't expect to get my P3P until late May, so now I have it, but just can't fly it. If you want to run around your house you CAN take pictures with the camera!!! It is sad that I even know that!! But I checked the micro SD card when I installed a 32GB to replace the free 16GB that came with it.

This thing is to fantastic to risk crashing it because I don't have enough patience to let them deliver stable software and firmware. I may let others be the P3 flight test dummies. Many first software releases have a lot of unfound bugs. I can fly my P2P+ while I wait from some history from everyone else!

You have to admit, the P3P and P3A are outstanding upgrades from the P2V+. You are getting so much more for your money, and the App is outstanding. A 10 fold improvement over the P2V+ App. You also have Helipal videos on youtube showing a good video and control link to over 5km at a low altitude..... that is amazing.

The old Wifi link offered only low res iPhone video and signal loss if you lowered your P2V+ altitude. That was a pain in the butt and forced flights to go higher, where the pictures and videos may not be what you wanted. Lost Wifi links to the app could have been a key in a lot of fly-aways and crashes for the P2V+. The Light-Bridge link is so expensive on a stand alone basis, and you get it for these new lower prices. Thank you DJI.

The ability of live feeding HD to YouTube is a huge feature. Every news organization, police and fire department will need a lot of these for all types of reasons. Indoor flight is a huge feature in the package. From what I've learned so far from other people's problems include:

1. Remove the foam rubber used to stabilize the gimbal during shipment.
2. Use the prop wrench to tighten your props. With the new dynamic braking on the motors, they can spin off the Phantom like they did on the Inspire 1 when people just spun them on without tightening them firmly to the motor.

The last advice I have to give is that still pictures from a Phantom are much easier to impress others with. The only in-flight motion videos that impress are those with a lot of talented framing, editing and they typically only use a few seconds of video. Never pan, turn, tilt your camera and keep that in the final videos you publish. Most great videos the camera is fixed and the motion in the video is what makes it great. Watch any movie and notice how stable the camera is in most videos. Music or recording live sound on other camera with an SD card and microphone may really boost your videos Wow factor. If you have the skills to add some live audio from the other camera.

My daughter produces fantastic wedding and holiday videos, and 75% of the videos are still photos she includes in the video. She uses all music, no actual sound from the event. She sneaks very little moving video into the production, but when she does it is short, and may be in slo-mo or high speed to create a funny effect. A lot of talent in the video production area is key to making a good drone video. But many still photos you capture with your P3P or P3A would make great art for your walls if print them in a big format at Sam's or Costco on artistic paper.

A drone takes amazing still pictures, focus on using that feature and your friends will be much more impressed with the P3P. The new lens will get rid of a lot of fisheye problems the P2V+.
Click on some of the P2V+ photos to see the detail that is available for printing a large photo you can hang on the wall of your office or home.
DJI00051.JPG
DJI00051.JPG
DJI00051.JPG
DJI00048.JPG
DJI00051.JPG

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member