Am I ready?

Binding can be a pain in the ...
I always reset the wifi extender if its has never been binded before in the DJI app aka a new wifi module.
Once it was binded in the app it doesn't need to rebind in the DJI app.
Get a wifi analyzer app when you don't have the address of the bird handy.
The birds address appears with a " ? " on the analyzer.
Thus its good to have because when the wifi extender is malfunctioning you @ least know the birds wifi works.

It could be that there was interference @ that location, a wifi analyzer app shows you whats in the air and what channels are occupied and what channel your bird is on.
The compass is very sensitive to disturbance !
Any ( magnetic ) metal ( like iron, RVS with molybdenum,etc... ) and/or magnet in its direct approx shall influence it.

Ya know - there was a radio/cell tower about 300-500 yards away, but I was flying in the other direction. Maybe that caused some interference. I noticed it did stray from the holding position a few times, changed elevation a bit also (+/- 3-5 ft.) I attributed that to the wind gusts though. Forecast called for 10-13 mph, but I can guarantee it was more like 20-25 mph gusts.

skyexposure said:
Ya know - there was a radio/cell tower about 300-500 yards away, but I was flying in the other direction. Maybe that caused some interference. I noticed it did stray from the holding position a few times, changed elevation a bit also (+/- 3-5 ft.) I attributed that to the wind gusts though. Forecast called for 10-13 mph, but I can guarantee it was more like 20-25 mph gusts.

Things to avoid if possible, cell towers, power lines !
You don't know on what frequency they are transmitting and with what power.
Wind speeds can be descriptive and higher up they blow much stronger.
Forecast is always @ ground-level ( i guess ).

Well you had a nice time and as you experienced, take it slow, there is much more to learn then just moving some sticks.

crash1sttime said:
And then ultimately when your ready you can go really high, my current record is 1600ft.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP0wEzZ-Qiw[/youtube]

Once i get the RE700 im hoping to hit 2000ft

dude how did you hit 1600ft with a stock set up?! i lose radio control at 650ft straight up? what are u doing ! teach me! lol

i have the RE700 plz get it youlll be happy

moswissa said:
crash1sttime said:
And then ultimately when your ready you can go really high, my current record is 1600ft.

dude how did you hit 1600ft with a stock set up?! i lose radio control at 650ft straight up? what are u doing ! teach me! lol

It really of topic, certainly in a newbie's one.
Anyway to do this its a matter of how the antenna on the bird and RC are aligned or not.
Anyway isn't the hight limit 400ft ?

ToThePoint said:
moswissa said:
crash1sttime said:

It really of topic, certainly in a newbie's one.
Anyway to do this its a matter of how the antenna on the bird and RC are aligned or not.
Anyway isn't the hight limit 400ft ?

Yes stock limit is 400ft but u can goto the PC app and change it to what u want

@ Tothe point : Sorry we did go off topic slightly, but thats the point of a forum, one question or answer can lead to another, no harm no foul

@moswissa: i dont know how i hit that height, its just a stock setup, i go out about 500ft away and then send the quad upwards, i keep the antennae pointed straight up and aim it at the quad.

Oh and i do have the TX set to FCC mode which gives me 1640ft of TX range, but the FPV is stock at 300m so i dont know how i manage to keep the FPV.

RE700 is coming payday.

crash1sttime said:
@ Tothe point : Sorry we did go off topic slightly, but thats the point of a forum, one question or answer can lead to another, no harm no foul

@moswissa: i dont know how i hit that height, its just a stock setup, i go out about 500ft away and then send the quad upwards, i keep the antennae pointed straight up and aim it at the quad.

Oh and i do have the TX set to FCC mode which gives me 1640ft of TX range, but the FPV is stock at 300m so i dont know how i manage to keep the FPV.

RE700 is coming payday.

ok today i sent the drone up to 1200 ft, at that point i was losing control signal. it was straight above my head so i had to tilt the tx. i did it again just now and it went into RTH mode due to lost control signal. i also had a "network timeout" message appear briefly. any idea what that means?

hopefully with stage 2 FPVLR ill be able to get double the range

You guys are crazy! And no, it's not off topic - it's my topic and I enjoy the conversation.

I had mine up to around 350 ft. today and I was getting nervous!

Baby steps...baby steps.

Also, may I just say that this community is awesome. Very helpful and kind.

I missed a step in all my preps, and because I read a different topic it was fixed.

I never calibration the wheel to control the camera yesterday. I noticed it was very jerky, and just figured I was doing something wrong.

Today, pre-flight, I calibrated it and it was buttery smooth.

its all about learning, for me i had to wait 3 months to get my quad, so i delved into this forum and read all i could, i drove the Wife nuts with youtube vids and the like, but when i finally got my quad i felt confident with it.

Oh and yes even then i made a mistake, i couldnt work out why the app wouldnt connect, i even went as far as rebinding it then realised i had to hook my phone to the wifi :oops:

Now im a bit of a pro with flying it (2 months and about 50 flights) and today i made it to the clouds, but couldnt quite break through before i lost control signal and it went into RTH mode.

Take it easy build your confidence and in no time you will be pushing the boundaries like youve been doing it for years.

And if you dont have a tracker, get one.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20