Altitude iusses

It's a issue... Land, stop the motors and take off again resets the altitude. I am currently testing whether a warm or cold MUI calibration has impact of this problem.

The altitude is estimated using the Phantom's internal barometer. It's not uncommon for it to be off by up to ~20 feet. If you haven't done so already, try calibrating the IMU.

I never had problems of this type. I add that it is a bit of time when I start the dji go system makes me wait a bit with the following information: aircraft warning up ... wait to take off

Sent from my LG-H961N using PhantomPilots mobile app

I add that it is a bit of time when I start the dji go system makes me wait a bit with the following information: aircraft warning up ... wait to take off
The video I linked above explains how to work around that issue.

I encountered some odd altitudes this morning. It was windy, 10-20 MPH and gusty. Flags were unfurled too. The pith ball in my old Dywer wind gauge was hitting the top 10 MPH scale limit quite a bit.

On launch, I was facing into the wind and the P4 came back at me so it was "Duck!" time. Once higher up, the thing was getting beaten by the wind quite a bit. I noticed the altitude was all over the place: Higher than observed, and then down into the negative altitude numbers. I don't know if buffeting affects the barometer that much or if it is just overly sensitive.

I got a little respect for why Autologic isn't crazy about autonomous flights in over 10 MPH wind conditions with their Autopilot app if the altitude drifts so wildly. P4 lived for another day, but it sure taxed my nerves and I was glad when it landed.

Also, I noted the low battery warning came on sooner than expected. Don't know if it is new firmware, or if it figured the gusty ride was wild enough that it might take some time to come back and land. Dunno.

Had some crazy up-down-up-down camera gimbel action too on starting up since the new firmware and GO 3.1. Restarted drone and it was okay.

Just a weird flying day.

I followed very well the leadership to calibrate the IMU.
I calibrated IMU very cold Phantom and open countryside away from interference. Up to an altitude of 3 meters the altitude and the VPS they were coincident.
Then I brought the drone up to about 50 meters.
When I started the descent I noticed a difference between the two values of about 7-8 meters.
The VPS however marked a proper share while the share of the drone was about 8 meters more.
So when I was next to the ground I marked me even 6 meters.
This is not good. There must be something is still wrong!
You can not have questio data so different from reality by the share.
Any other help? Thank you very much

Today I made another flight after IMU and Compass Calibration.
Unfortunately, as seen from the photo there is still a discrepancy between the P4 share and VPS.
I then noticed that the pellets inside the ultrasonic sensors are not perfectly aligned in the center as in the photo.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

• Sensori VPS.png
    Sensori VPS.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 264
  • Screen Shoot Flight.PNG
    Screen Shoot Flight.PNG
    5.5 MB · Views: 256
Unfortunately, as seen from the photo there is still a discrepancy between the P4 share and VPS.
I then noticed that the pellets inside the ultrasonic sensors are not perfectly aligned in the center as in the photo.
FYI the pellets inside my ultrasonic sensors on the P4 are even more misaligned than yours. One is pointing North and the other South. I Havent had any prominent altitude issues apart from a little bit of height loss/gain when hovering for long periods.

Do you take off from a different height than where you compare the VPS numbers?

No. I take off from same area and height. The strange thing is that up to a height of 3 meters the data is correct then when I bring 40 to 30 meters and I do fall back I check that at a height of 3 meters from the ground the marks VPS properly while the indication of ' height Phantom marks me at least 5 meters more. This is not good. Imagine doing a mission with waypoint at pre heights what might happen ......

No. I take off from same area and height. The strange thing is that up to a height of 3 meters the data is correct then when I bring 40 to 30 meters and I do fall back I check that at a height of 3 meters from the ground the marks VPS properly while the indication of ' height Phantom marks me at least 5 meters more. This is not good. Imagine doing a mission with waypoint at pre heights what might happen ......
Strange!

The altitude is estimated using the Phantom's internal barometer. It's not uncommon for it to be off by up to ~20 feet. If you haven't done so already, try calibrating the IMU.

I had noticed something the other day while flying with a friend.. He had a problem right after I armed my Phantom 4.. He was having a hard time getting his landing gear down (Typhoon H) and I left mine idling on the ground for about 4 minutes because he was about to run out of battery and needed to land asap.. About 4 minutes went by and I went back to mine and it had risen about 16 feet in the air according to the app without even taking off.. I repeated this test and it did it again.. My phone has a barometer in it as well with an app for altitude.. It seems to be more accurate than the Phantom 4's barometer, I have tested it going upstairs, downstairs - even over time sitting with the phantom that app did not change altitude by more than 1 foot.. There is a bug in the Phantom 4.. it's repeatable..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20