Altitude issue

Reaction score
I've been flying my p3s for about 9 months now. Everything has always ran as expected until last weekend. I was getting a poi shot of my house with fresh snowfall. It wasn't snowing at the time. It was sunny with clear visibility. After doing my 360 video, I decided to take it up to 400' and get a few pictures. While ascending I was watching the drone and waiting for the voice to tell me "max altitude", but after a while did not hear anything. I looked down at my monitor to see I was at about 800'. My previous flights have always limited me. Had anyone ever experienced this on dji go?

I've been flying my p3s for about 9 months now. Everything has always ran as expected until last weekend. I was getting a poi shot of my house with fresh snowfall. It wasn't snowing at the time. It was sunny with clear visibility. After doing my 360 video, I decided to take it up to 400' and get a few pictures. While ascending I was watching the drone and waiting for the voice to tell me "max altitude", but after a while did not hear anything. I looked down at my monitor to see I was at about 800'. My previous flights have always limited me. Had anyone ever experienced this on dji go?
No, but check your settings in the app. Updates to the app can sometimes re-set your device. And remember when you set the altitude limit it defaults to metric regardless of any other setting. You'll want that to be 121 - 122 to keep it at 400 feet.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
We've seen this question or variations of it many times. It has almost always been a result of either not realizing or forgetting that the altitude limit is always set in meters. As @LarBear360 noted, I also suspect that when you check your settings you will find it set to something well over 400 feet.

If you don't mind, please post back after you check so that it will help remind any new drone owners who may be reading about the importance of including a check of that setting in their pre flight checklists. :)

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
I will check as soon as I get a chance and let everyone know, but I have never changed this setting and it has always stopped at 400 feet until this flight.

Might have something to do with the new limits on DJIGO. Did you recently log in to DJI for the first time/first time in a long time?

I wouldn't be changing any settings. If you got 800 ft and still had good signal, that's a bonus in my books. Higher the better, more fun and bigger the footage thrills. Just watch out for the other flying objects that might not like hitting a drone unexpectantly. Don't see extended altitude a negative. If you know the limits, you're in control, be in control, watch and be aware. Easy.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4