Altitude issue when I was out flying.

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new here. I was trying to fly in an area that wouldn't let me go much more than 10-20 feet in the air. I kept getting a maximum altitude warning. I don't know how this was possible. Sure I was up a bit in a mountainous area, and was in a smallish canyon type area surrounded by large rock walls and a river. I tested my drone again at home and it had no problem flying as normal. My first thought was that I was to high in the mountain, but then I remembered in flew in mountains higher than that before. I thought maybe the latest firmware update messed with something, or maybe somehow the drone thought it was indoors? I'm bummed because I missed out on some great footage, and nearly lost my drone over the river when I first couldn't get it to rise over the cliff to come back to me, even though I held the stick up. It finally rose enough when I faced the drone towards my direction. Any ideas?

thanks

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I was trying to fly in an area that wouldn't let me go much more than 10-20 feet in the air. I kept getting a maximum altitude warning. I don't know how this was possible. Sure I was up a bit in a mountainous area, and was in a smallish canyon type area surrounded by large rock walls and a river.
or maybe somehow the drone thought it was indoors? Any ideas?
That sounds like you were in P-Opti mode which has a max altitude of 10 metres.
You would have been in P-Opti mode because your Phantom had no GPS due to terrain blocking too much of the sky.
You could have disabled the VPS or switched to atti mode and got yourself clear of the 10 metre limit (but still would not have had GPS until you got enough clear sky.

Ah, I see. Though I don't recall it saying GPS was disabled. But that sounds like a great explanation.

Happened to me 4 weeks ago. I had to fly in a non gps mode to get it high enough to get a gps signal. Just look at the satellite numbers. Go to your flight data history.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik