alternative props for P3 pro

Reaction score
I recently got a P3 pro, after having flown the FC40 for a year. It is great, however I would like to know if any of you have good experience with other props for the P3, like T-motor, Graupner etc ?
I really appreciate any inputs from you

What's wrong with the OEM props?

The P3 is not really a 'modders' multirotor.
The props, motors, and breaking ESCs are part of a tuned propulsion system.
All the work has been done for you so you can just fly.

A pair of 9450 props for Phantom 1, Phantom FC40, Phantom 2, Phantom 2 Vision and Phantom 2 Vision+ are £11 per pair.

A pair of Phantom 3 9450 props which are compatible with the phantom 2 only £5 per pair from DJI .

I foresee there will soon be a shortage of phantom 3 props......:rolleyes:

mhhhh...props for P2V+ are far better also on P3 (need a bit of attention to tight them carefully). Not only, P2 props hub are longer lasting than P3 hub system. P3 props cost less, but for a reason. New P3 props are better to leave mounted on ESC all the time.

P3 props are lighter. Part of the tuned system. More mass equals more inertia equals more time to up or down rev. for the improved handling that the braking provides.

There was never meant to be P2-P3 prop compatability or interoperability.

I assure you the prop spec. differences are not driven by economics.

mhhhh...props for P2V+ are far better also on P3 (need a bit of attention to tight them carefully). Not only, P2 props hub are longer lasting than P3 hub system. P3 props cost less, but for a reason. New P3 props are better to leave mounted on ESC all the time.

P3 props have plastic hubs designed to provide more grip when breaking, as N017RW states they are designed and tuned for the P3 why would anybody think they know better. If the P2 props were suitable I guess they wouldn't have took the time and trouble to develop new props for the P3.

The P3 props can be over tightened and the nut will spin in the plastic hub.

They do need to be tightened by the supplied tool, but just know they do have a tightening limit prior to install.

The P3 props can be over tightened and the nut will spin in the plastic hub.

They do need to be tightened by the supplied tool, but just know they do have a tightening limit prior to install.

I never do that.
With P2 I just spun them lightly on until they stopped, with P3 I give them a final firming by holding the motor.
Far too easy to damage the hubs using any tool, but you might need it to undo them as the motors are not easy to grip.

I recently got a P3 pro, after having flown the FC40 for a year. It is great, however I would like to know if any of you have good experience with other props for the P3, like T-motor, Graupner etc ?
I just upgraded my props on my p3 pro to cf balanced composite hub props. They are great. Increased speed, lighter, no vibration, no jelly. But they are noisier than the stock ones. I am happy with them. They are self tightening. Also increased battery life. People post negative comments on here without trying alternate props and they assume the Oem are the best because they are made for the copter. Not true. Granted the set of 4 props are $80 but they are great. The tmotor props are 9x3 compared to stock 9x5 I believe. The ones I got are exact replicas of the Oem ones. I put them side by side and on top of each other. Just one is cf and other Is nylon. Try them out. I made a thread on here with all the info. Just search for it. I get couple more minutes on battery and 5mph faster speeds
http://www.drone-world.com/carbon-f...r-the-dji-phantom-3-professional-and-advanced
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/props-for-p3.42572/page-2

Last edited:
You mount the props on the esc? ;)

Last edited:
I never do that.
With P2 I just spun them lightly on until they stopped, with P3 I give them a final firming by holding the motor.
Far too easy to damage the hubs using any tool, but you might need it to undo them as the motors are not easy to grip.
That's what I do. They are self tightening.

IF you ever get hit by a CF prop you will never use one again. Have seen videos of people getting hit and it looks nasty, also they will shatter on a bird strike or an accidental object bump. Why risk it? OEM all the way. You can always DYE them if you want color.

I've tried many props with the best being the expensive carbon fiber set I got from Amazon, but I'm afraid none really performed as well as the stock props. Even well balanced props caused more drifting than I'd like to see, but the carbon fiber props are solid as hell if you don't mind the slight drifting.

IF you ever get hit by a CF prop you will never use one again. Have seen videos of people getting hit and it looks nasty, also they will shatter on a bird strike or an accidental object bump. Why risk it? OEM all the way. You can always DYE them if you want color.
Oh you are soooo right. I had the E300 CF prop on my P3 from the beginning because the dealer threw them in and I didnt know better. I didnt know they were 9443 blades and werent compatible. The P3 flew into something and I tried to hand catch it. Big mistake. It cut my arm, finger, and nose. My finger got the worst. I actually needed a stich or 2 but never went. It healed but it was bleeding for 2-3 days. But my error in trying to catch it. But if you dont try to catch it then there is no problem with CF props if you get the right ones. Its not the color that makes me want them, its the increased battery life and faster speeds. They are balanced and there is no vibration issues.

Reactions: Shane
I've tried many props with the best being the expensive carbon fiber set I got from Amazon, but I'm afraid none really performed as well as the stock props. Even well balanced props caused more drifting than I'd like to see, but the carbon fiber props are solid as hell if you don't mind the slight drifting.
Drone world came out with new ones for the P3 with composite self tightening hubs. They are new on the market and no one has tested them yet. But those are the ones I am using and I like them

Reactions: Shane
A pair of 9450 props for Phantom 1, Phantom FC40, Phantom 2, Phantom 2 Vision and Phantom 2 Vision+ are £11 per pair.

A pair of Phantom 3 9450 props which are compatible with the phantom 2 only £5 per pair from DJI .

I foresee there will soon be a shortage of phantom 3 props......:rolleyes:
So why do you need more than one set ive had my vision plus for over a year and still on same set of props.
I don't care what they cost, for the few you would buy why take a chance of a issue
if you cant afford one set of spare props maybe you got into a hobby you cant yet afford:confused:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.