all over in ten minuites

Reaction score
Hi all , ive previously posted in the introduction area but thought this may be a better place to carry on.
basically my son flew his drone for the first time with me watching , he took off and landed a few times then tried flying around himself at very low level.
the next thing I saw was the drone lift into the air to around 5 m then flip upside down and fly into the field still upside down. my son dident seem to do anything to cause this. needles to say he was extremely upset as what he had saved up for for ages was now wrecked. ( gimbal and wiring is what I could see)
I have returned the drone to dji for them to look at and was hoping for some good will if it was not pilot error.
today I have received a quote from dji for £296 to repair with no explaination of what caused the crash.
there is no way callum can afford this ( he payed £450 for the drone) so we either get it returned and sell it for parts or I will have to pay the bill, although believe I'm being ripped off !
any thoughts on this would be great especially what could cause the upside down decent ? as I think even if we get it fixed its put callum off trying again.

I remember your earlier post. Did you manage to get the log file off your controller and upload to DJI Flight Log Viewer ?

Upload instructions are in the website. Simply post the link here, if it reveals AC failure is likely it will give you something to go back to DJI with.

How windy was it? Was the drone in P-GPS mode or ATTI mode?

You should have you flight log saved in the DJI app on your device, upload it here.

the flight log should be on the device you were using .......iphone etc. there are detailed instructions on this forum on how to upload so they can be viewed and analyzed by some very experienced pilots here.

Reactions: MustangDave
Honestly dude, I would just go on eBay and buy the parts to fix yourself, leave DJI out of it. Easy to repair and mostly cheap.

@callums dad,

We need the data from the flight, there is no way anybody is going to be able to guess what happened. ;)

Rod

Thanks again for your replies.
I understand that the data is key as you have pointed out.
I'm away at the moment with work but will try to sort it when back home.
I will say that I'm not good with computer stuff and ive never uploaded anything before !
but I recon we can follow the instructions that have been provided,
:)

When you attempt to do this, we can help. ;)
If you tell us what your mobile device type was and computer we can give you some generic tips.

Mobile: Android or Apple?
Computer: Windows or Apple?

Rod

Reactions: BigAl07
Hello again. I think I have got what is needed? my son done it while I was out ! please let me know your thoughts, I really appreciate all of the replies , you all seem a really good bunch:)

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-08-12_[16-16-42].txt
    315.9 KB · Views: 495
something does not look right ,the record I uploaded made sense to me yet when I click on the flight record below my post it opens a page of symbols ??

You need to sign up for an Airdata account at Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Upload the txt file above and then hit the share button and post the URL.

I've had a quick look at the file you posted - Are you 100% that was the last light that ended badly? (I read above you had landed a few times). Each time you land and take off again a new file is created.

Iain

ok ill try and do this , there were four flight files created and this should be the last one when the crash happened, would it help if they were all uploaded ??

Probably a good idea, will give an indication of the general state of the bird before it went down.

i did say I'm not great with computers !
ive got the data on both dji flight log and airdata but cant see what to do next ??

Hum, its past my knowledge, I have some guess's but will wait and see what the pros come up with, they will show up sooner than later. ;)

Rod

how did you do that !! then again probably be lost on me.
yes that's the correct flight, thanks.

Having had a quick look at the flight data, there were a few 'speed' errors which I cannot for the life of me think why!!!!! Then a short (less than 2 second) compass error, then back to normal flight again. Then shortly before the 'event' at 9'12.8s another compass error and again 'speed' errors and an out of range message. It appears it crashed from about 11 feet altitude whilst almost stationary (hovering).

I don't see anything to make me think your son did anything wrong..........:)

I believe speed errors come from compass errors.

I'm sure the compass error made it go into Atti.

Then it would have drifted with out the Gps lock, but it shows it didn't move this time, of coarse I'm talking about the second time at 9 mins.
The first time it still shows it was moving.

I guess the crash itself caused it to jump to negative altitude.

I think someone is going to have to review the stick movements.

Rod

I believe speed errors come from compass errors.

I'm sure the compass error made it go into Atti.

Then it would have drifted with out the Gps lock, but it shows it didn't move this time, of coarse I'm talking about the second time at 9 mins.
The first time it still shows it was moving.

I guess the crash itself caused it to jump to negative altitude.

I think someone is going to have to review the stick movements.

Rod

Rod, if you look at the whole flight there were no rapid changes in speed or altitude. That's why I believe the young lad didn't treat it like a 'playstation/xbox' game. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik