Airspace awareness

dirkclod said:
My neighbor had a small plane not sure what it was other than the tail was v shaped and when he always came back from a trip in his plane he would fly over my place on the lake being funny and to just look at his land as he had about 200 acres on the other side of lake at about 100' above the trees, I'm talking you could see him and he messed up a about 6 years ago as he flew lower across his pasture to buzz his house to let his family see him he pulled up a little to late as he was banking to the left his left wing tip went through the top of a big Oak tree and went down about 300 yards from the tree. When I got there it looked like it just sat down but they said after it was all put out he was going well over a hundred and had about 50% fuel in both wing tanks when it hit ! The plane was still totally intact but burned up him and 2 others, Real sad, but that's just the way he flew and had been flying for many years. I know he had an oh **** moment and then that was that !

I have heard some say [There's old pilots and there's bold pilots but not many old bold ones ]
Did not mean for that to be funny Just thought I would share that :| He was a cool dude but just got to comfortable with his plane as I am with my quad and **** happens all in a few seconds !

It's all well known in the aviation world...
http://flighttraining.aopa.org/magazine ... tudes.html
you can easily identify your neighbor's attitude there..

If you want to prove that a rogue Piper was "in your space" and below 500ft AGL and you were innocently flying your Phantom at 300ft AGL, you need a DVR. I recommend it to keep a record of your flight should something go wrong.

ianwood said:
If you want to prove that a rogue Piper was "in your space" and below 500ft AGL and you were innocently flying your Phantom at 300ft AGL, you need a DVR. I recommend it to keep a record of your flight should something go wrong.

Ian... that'll probably never happen again. But the fact that it DID happen once, makes me look up at the sky on that golf course every time I hear an engine in the sky...

I initially thought it was an old friend of mine who flies out of a small airfield about fifteen miles from the golf course, as he's been known to pull stunts like that. I later found out he was in New Mexico at the time... :shock:

-slinger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4