Airmap

Reaction score
I am a new Phantom 3 owner... I'm a new drone pilot in fact. I downloaded the AirMap app but when I click the connect icon it says "FLY with AirMap by connecting to the DJI controller." How do I do that? I turned on my transmitter and my Phantom 3 and I connected my phone to my Phantom (Wi-Fi). I also DID NOT run the DJI Go app. Am I missing something? Does it not work with the Phantom 3? In case it matters, I downloaded/installed the latest update for my Phantom 3.
Screenshot_20190109-165444.jpeg

This is for the Phantom 3 Pro and above. You are probably using a Phantom 3 Standard, 4K, or SE.

I'm using a Phantom 3 Standard. It would be nice if they would state that on their website. As it stands right now, it seems to indicate that the entire Phantom 3 series is supported. Oh well. On to Drone Harmony, I guess.
1547122154556.jpeg

They are to blame here, since it was misleading. To my understanding only P3P and P3A are the Phantom 3's that can use airmap.

No worries. I understand the necessity of choosing a point from which to support a product and it's not realistic to expect them to support everything. I'm just a little bummed that I'm just outside that support circle. I am happy, however, that this forum exists so that I can find these things out quickly so thank you for your help.

Reactions: BigAl07 and Ansia
No worries. I understand the necessity of choosing a point from which to support a product and it's not realistic to expect them to support everything. I'm just a little bummed that I'm just outside that support circle. I am happy, however, that this forum exists so that I can find these things out quickly so thank you for your help.
Don't give up on your P3S. I have one of these and it's a great drone. Currently is my backup drone, since I also have P4P, and it doesn't go out as much anymore, but it has never failed me.

You might consider the app called Litchi. It is compatible with your P3S.

I've read up a bit on Litchi and it seems pretty popular. How would you say it compares to Drone Harmony?

"Don't give up on your P3S."
I second this. I fly a P4P+ at work. Recently I had a coworker who was going to join the UAV team and get his Part 107. So I brought my P3S to let him fly along with our P4P+. After a few minutes of flying both aircraft he actually enjoyed my old P3S over the P4P+. The older model just seemed simpler and easier for him to fly. And the limited range isn't really an issue since we always fly within VLOS.
I am also a fan of the Litchi app. I highly recommend it. I flew for a year using the DJI app before finally getting Litchi and after trying it I kick myself for not getting it sooner.
I sync my flights and log everything using Airdata UAV.
Your P3S may be an older model but it is still very capable of quite a lot. I plan on upgrading to a P4 model, probably an Advanced, later this year. I won't get rid of my P3S. It will still be flown and act as a backup to the P4 when needed.

This all sounds good and makes me happy to have the P3 as a first drone. Also, it sounds like Litchi is the way to go so I'll go ahead and spring for it. Thanks for the suggestions. :)

Reactions: Cellblock776
This all sounds good and makes me happy to have the P3 as a first drone. Also, it sounds like Litchi is the way to go so I'll go ahead and spring for it. Thanks for the suggestions. :)
The P3S is a great "starter" UAV or "beginner" UAS. I got it after taking a Pt 107 class and getting my FAA cert. My company was ordering the P4P+ but due to the glacial speed of our purchasing process at work I had a couple of months between getting my cert and the time the P4P+ arrived. So I decided to get a P3S to use to practice flying at home.
The lack of object avoidance sensors makes the P3S more of a hands on, pay attention, sort of aircraft. Also, as my coworker pointed out, it sure is nice when you aren't getting beeps and warnings all the time like the P4P+ gives us with all of the sensors active.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie