airmap, what to believe

Reaction score
Hi, everyone, I was wonder how accurate airmap is, when looking at airmap on my computer and then on my ipad I the airspaces is different, on the ipad where I live it show I am clear to fly where I live,, on the computer its completely different, first picture is from the computer the second is from the ipad,, which to believe

20190821_115702.jpg
Screenshot_20190821-115802_AirMap.jpg

I would believe the PC's version, since it will be more up to date. I see that the place where you want to take off is near a hospital and close to a Air Harbor. What has me currently confuse, is that it shows that you are flying under a Class B airspace, but I haven't found what type of airspace is underneath the 3,000 surface. Airmap, just as a fly with caution due to the proximity of the airport, but does not provide any info. It does tell me that I am in violation by flying so close to the hospital. It does not however restrict me from flying at 400' when I submit my flight plan.
1566422493355.png

1566422530372.png

However, choosing to fly in the nearby Beaver Pond, it only tells me not to fly above 400'.
1566422639022.png

So to finally answer your question. You cannot fly from the Enclave Apartments, but if you move a bit east, you should be good to go (according to Airmap).

Last edited:
Reactions: MTO
I would believe the PC's version, since it will be more up to date. I see that the place where you want to take off is near a hospital and close to a Air Harbor. What has me currently confuse, is that it shows that you are flying under a Class B airspace, but I haven't found what type of airspace is underneath the 3,000 surface. Airmap, just as a fly with caution due to the proximity of the airport, but does not provide any info. It does tell me that I am in violation by flying so close to the hospital. It does not however restrict me from flying at 400' when I submit my flight plan.
View attachment 113919

View attachment 113920

However, choosing to fly in the nearby Beaver Pond, it only tells me not to fly above 400'.
View attachment 113921

So to finally answer your question. You cannot fly from the Enclave Apartments, but if you move a bit east, you should be good to go (according to Airmap).

I'm about 1/2 block east of the apartment also when looking at b4ufly it shows the same as iPad version of airmap as does dji go 4 map, and doesn't b4ufly use kittyhawk, no wonder people get confused.
Screenshot_20190821-144952_B4UFLY.jpg

I'm about 1/2 block east of the apartment also when looking at b4ufly it shows the same as iPad version of airmap as does dji go 4 map, and doesn't b4ufly use kittyhawk, no wonder people get confused.
View attachment 113922
Never use DJI's Geofencing maps as reference. They do not follow the FAA's system. Like I said in my previous post. You are good to fly as long as you stay away from the hospital and be wary of any manned aircraft that may be in the vicinity.

Reactions: CPO Coastie
I stopped using air map so inaccurate and they want only corporate drones flying.They want to get rid of hobby drone pilots even 107 unless flying for corporate companies.I use Kittyhawk app it is way better and accurate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair