Aircraft won't power on.

Reaction score
After my son lost interest in his P3 standard it sat for a year with the battery out. I recently down loaded the manual and got a new micro card loaded with the latest firmware, and charged up the batteries. When I try to power on the aircraft by pushing the battery button once then again and holding it, it counts up four green LED's and then the button stays red for a second. One of the blades twitch then the whole thing shuts down. The controller communicates with my phone via wifi but no view camera status because I assume the craft won't power. I've watched many tutorials and youtube videos and nobody else has discussed a similar problem.
Please help anybody?
Dave

After my son lost interest in his P3 standard it sat for a year with the battery out. I recently down loaded the manual and got a new micro card loaded with the latest firmware, and charged up the batteries. When I try to power on the aircraft by pushing the battery button once then again and holding it, it counts up four green LED's and then the button stays red for a second. One of the blades twitch then the whole thing shuts down. The controller communicates with my phone via wifi but no view camera status because I assume the craft won't power. I've watched many tutorials and youtube videos and nobody else has discussed a similar problem.
Please help anybody?
Dave
,HI here's a pic of quick start Guide ,does batt stay power on when out of the drone when pressed twice,if so batt working,It should have start up tune like 4 or 5 beeps,on your second press on batt ,not have to hold for long,it might be showing a form of batt test that is done to check batt cell which is a 5 sec press,,,if enter cam view that good and not the how to conect on screen,wifi working and connected, I'm thinking try not to hold 2 press on batt for no more than 2 sec,
1512972983791441523573.jpg

,HI here's a pic of quick start Guide ,does batt stay power on when out of the drone when pressed twice,if so batt working,It should have start up tune like 4 or 5 beeps,on your second press on batt ,not have to hold for long,it might be showing a form of batt test that is done to check batt cell which is a 5 sec press,,,if enter cam view that good and not the how to conect on screen,wifi working and connected, I'm thinking try not to hold 2 press on batt for no more than 2 sec,
View attachment 92078
Yes the battery stays on if out of the drone. When out of the drone and on I press and hold the button and all 4 green LED's blink. I can also turn the battery off the same way it's turned on.
Stumped!!!

View attachment 92078
How do you Activate the phantom?

Um also check terminals where batt contacts to,they might need little bend to contact proper,,original activation would have been done on first previous set up back a year ago,either with email address or a phone number,when not signed into dji they give a restriction of flight distance and height,but that not stopping you at moment ,I just checking something,you write to fast,ha,just trying to find a bit of new activation info

Um also check terminals where batt contacts to,they might need little bend to contact proper,,original activation would have been done on first previous set up back a year ago,either with email address or a phone number,when not signed into dji they give a restriction of flight distance and height,but that not stopping you at moment ,I just checking something,you write to fast,ha,just trying to find a bit of new activation info
I'm affraid that it might be an ESC/board issue if my son crashed it before last use. Who can I send it to fix it?

Here's a pic of terminals,wires still connected on back,yes crash not sound good,bit hard to say on internal damage without getting screwdriver out,being in NZ I'm unsure of where to send for repair,out of warranty so any repair done by shop could out weigh cost of another cheap p3s,unless you can see what wrong and use ebay or similar for part or parts needed it's the way to go,was it bad crash or minor,could be a ESC board if it not get shut down straight away on impact,especially if blades can't turn,something will get cooked.sorry for not being able to answer properly,sometimes bit of a guessing game,maybe someone can update on good repair shop like drone nerds or somewhere in your area,without having a look inside we both stuck,
1512976761881-1188971596.jpg

Yes the battery stays on if out of the drone. When out of the drone and on I press and hold the button and all 4 green LED's blink. I can also turn the battery off the same way it's turned on.
Stumped!!!

Are you pressing once, then pressing second time and holding for a few secs' ? The battery LED"s should not blink except the last one if not fully charged ... ie 1 steady, second blinking ... 2 steady, third blinking etc.

Each LED represents 25% ... blinking represents 12.5% ...

Strange if all LED's are blinking ... cannot find any reference to such.

Nigel

Reactions: Oso
@akbucsfan
If you can get the battery to power up (stay on) then leave it on and insert it in to the Phantom.
I did this one day by accident, kind of scared me when it lit up inserting the battery. :eek:

Rod

Yip just tried that with mine,I did not think to say that,very good idea Rod,must say I got bit stumped when the crash word came out,op did not mention hard or soft crash or why he think esc board ,got no more replys when I mention screwdriver,:eek:,Allen key ,hopefully he got it to go

Reactions: RodPad
"if my son crashed it before last use"
Yeah, he used the "if"

Also he states,
"One of the blades twitch then the whole thing shuts down"
Something must be killing the system, I wonder if he gets a chip?

"It should have start up tune like 4 or 5 beeps"
It should be four and I have tried to count them, it has been said the beeps are from each motor, they send a signal to each motor and the motor acts like a speaker.

Rod

"if my son crashed it before last use"
Yeah, he used the "if"

Also he states,
"One of the blades twitch then the whole thing shuts down"
Something must be killing the system, I wonder if he gets a chip?

"It should have start up tune like 4 or 5 beeps"
It should be four and I have tried to count them, it has been said the beeps are from each motor, they send a signal to each motor and the motor acts like a speaker.

Rod
When it attempts to power on after the second button press and hold, 1 blade bumps then all off. No power up beeps or lights. BTW the crash was upside down and 2 broken blades. Thanks guys

When it attempts to power on after the second button press and hold, 1 blade bumps then all off. No power up beeps or lights. BTW the crash was upside down and 2 broken blades. Thanks guys

I have the exact same issue. Did you ever resolve it?

@Trevorbielby,
Welcome to the Forum!

If click on "akbucsfan" above you see the last time he was logged on to the forum.
11w 4d ago. :rolleyes:
I doubt we are going to here from him.

If we keep this thread active maybe somebody will join in.

Did you try my battery already on, post# 10?

Rod

@Trevorbielby,
Welcome to the Forum!

If click on "akbucsfan" above you see the last time he was logged on to the forum.
11w 4d ago. :rolleyes:
I doubt we are going to here from him.

If we keep this thread active maybe somebody will join in.

Did you try my battery already on, post# 10?

Rod
Yes I tried powering the battery then paving it inside. No go. It's completely stripped down now too and no noticeable damage or plugs loose.

sounds like maybe the motor that bumps may be failing and killing the system. I don't know anything about it, just a hunch. Does the motor spin freely like the others?

sounds like maybe the motor that bumps may be failing and killing the system. I don't know anything about it, just a hunch. Does the motor spin freely like the others?

I've actually removed the wires to that motor completely and it still won't start up. Re -attached them and it still bumps that one motor then the whole doesn't power up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl