Aircraft won't connect to DJI Go app since upgrade.

Reaction score
Hello, I undated to the newest firmware last week and since then I cannot connect to my aircraft. I have an iPad mini 2 wifi only and a P3P.
I have unloaded and reloaded the firmware and the DJI Go app several times and always get a "How to Connect" as the app opens. I've followed every instruction I can find and nothing has helped. Everything worked great until I updated the firmware last week. What could I be missing?
The RC connects to the aircraft without a problem. I'm able to adjust the camera tilt and rotors but cannot connect the GO app to the aircraft.

Oddly enough I had the same issue with my previous upgrade. P3P would not connect, and was even being told that the quad needed to be updated, even though I had "success" messages on my SD card after the update. I was about to contact DJI for guidance, but the behavior stopped on it's own.

If you have more than one battery, did you update them all? What about a reboot of your tablet/phone?

After I initially updated to the newest firmware it worked for one flight with the tablet connected. Everything went fine and I played with the new functions i.e. waypoint and pinpoint. I have rebooted everything I have. I have gotten success messages in the txt file each time. I only have the one battery. I have tried with an iPhone 6 and the same problem occurred. It seems like the usb just isn't sending a signal from the RC to the iPad.

After I initially updated to the newest firmware it worked for one flight with the tablet connected. Everything went fine and I played with the new functions i.e. waypoint and pinpoint. I have rebooted everything I have. I have gotten success messages in the txt file each time. I only have the one battery. I have tried with an iPhone 6 and the same problem occurred. It seems like the usb just isn't sending a signal from the RC to the iPad.
Did you try a different cable?

I haven't yet officially. I have deduced it is probably the USB port itself. I check with my multimeter and didn't get any sort of signal reading. I can't get a signal on any device I have plugged in to it. I have found a few people on here that paid the $99 to upgrade to the HDMI/USB port and it resolved the problem. Apparently the connections on the USB port to the board are fairly weak.

About ready to give up after trying for two weeks loading new updates to controller and p3a .Both indicate they are paired and have successfully accepted the updates but don't seem to communicate and the dji go app on my 6+ won't let me open the "equipment" page so can't do any settings and still have not been able to fly. Tried deleting and re downloading new go app but still doesn't work. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Some times I just got same situation. And I try this sequence:
1. Close all your app on your iphone.
2. Turn on your radio
3. Turn on the air craft.
4. Then turn on your dji go app
May be that would help

try turning on the go app when the bird is ready to fly.. IE flashing green lights. this is what i have to do. also try unplugging the ipad from the lead when it wont connect then plug back in while the go app is on screen.

Same thing here, I was an avionics troubleshooter in the Navy so I've got a decent grasp on electronics. I've tried everything possible without any resolution. It's got to physically be the USB port. I've ordered the HDMI upgrade so I'll post when I swap it out.

Same thing here, I was an avionics troubleshooter in the Navy so I've got a decent grasp on electronics. I've tried everything possible without any resolution. It's got to physically be the USB port. I've ordered the HDMI upgrade so I'll post when I swap it out.
I do remember one post on the forum sometime back where one of the lads had a bad USB port and couldn't get the device to connect.

I reinstalled the DJI Go Android app yesterday and the app made me update the RC firmware. I had to manually reinstall 1.3 on the RC and it seemed to work.

Probably not the issue since you've all tried so many different things but sometimes I'm not able to connect on Android (so different there as well). Seems like the new firmware and/or app is much more picky. I turn off the P3, close all applications out of memory, restart the P3 and then load app. Sometimes I also unplug the display device when I shut down all apps. A clue that I won't connect to the P3 is that the app does not talk when loading. Just throwing this out there.

These are all great suggestions and I give each one of them a shot to no avail. It sucks because I haven't flown since the newest FW update on the 7th. The weather has been perfect and pretty much begging me to get into the air. I spend a good hour after work each day loading and unloading all versions of the FW to the RC and aircraft only to not end up flying each day.

These are all great suggestions and I give each one of them a shot to no avail. It sucks because I haven't flown since the newest FW update on the 7th. The weather has been perfect and pretty much begging me to get into the air. I spend a good hour after work each day loading and unloading all versions of the FW to the RC and aircraft only to not end up flying each day.
These things can drive you nuts if you cant get rid of the bugs:(:mad:

Have read on the Official forum that DJI China are aware of the no connect issue and have a new firmware on the way.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie