Air space

Reaction score
In the U.K. we have controlled air space some of which is from ground level, where we cannot fly drones.
There seems to be more and more cases where land owners are stating that they will not allow drones over there land, do they have the right to do this, they own the land but do they own the airspace above. I used to have a PPL and outside controlled air space we could fly anywhere above 500ft.
I think as long as you do not take off on their land and obey the other rules for drones then they can't stop you.
Does anyone know different?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I don't live in the UK, but your assumption is accurate for the US.

In the U.K. we have controlled air space some of which is from ground level, where we cannot fly drones.
There seems to be more and more cases where land owners are stating that they will not allow drones over there land, do they have the right to do this, they own the land but do they own the airspace above. I used to have a PPL and outside controlled air space we could fly anywhere above 500ft.
I think as long as you do not take off on their land and obey the other rules for drones then they can't stop you.
Does anyone know different?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
As far as I know it's 50/50 if you fly over their land with houses then I suppose that they may have a point. However if it's fields... Then no.. They can't do jack. They can complain to Matt alwright at watchdog... But I think he has bigger fish to fry [emoji6]

Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164