air data info

Reaction score
what do othere's think about these results from airdata is it still safe to fly with Battery No 2 and No 3?.......... all batteries have only 20+ recharges

Attachments

• batt 1.JPG
    batt 1.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 338
  • batt 2.JPG
    batt 2.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 332
  • batt 3.JPG
    batt 3.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 318
what do othere's think about these results from airdata is it still safe to fly with Battery No 2 and No 3?.......... all batteries have only 20+ recharges
Yeh I'm cautious with battery's now days,what's the cells read in dji app,same,less.worse,,? Here's a post from Florida drone supplys....I think I got to 170 charges with a p4 battery before it played games,,,my p3s battery's are old from 2016 and down to 3 cells on battery 5 sec check,(hold button for 5 second and if good 4 lights show,tired 3 lights show,2 or 1 don't fly,look for new battery,,don't dispose of them just use them for at home with checks or setting changes,,,,....since only 20 charges are you still in the 1 year period of purchase,,email dji you might be covered.....me not actually trust airdata info,some here have uploaded flights here to have clever ones with correct software to read,,looks like a graph and hard to understand .....Picture of graph is a example...
20190707_111041.jpg
20190707_112751.jpg
20190707_111041.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
what do other's think about these results from airdata is it still safe to fly with Battery No 2 and No 3?.......... all batteries have only 20+ recharges
Those numbers show some minor deviations but there's no indication of how big (or small) the deviations are.
You'd need to see the actual cell voltages to tell if it's an issue or not.

Number of charge cycles is only one relevant factor. Age and how you have flown and stored them are more important in most cases, particularly with lower cycle counts.

Can’t make a call on the deviation page only. What was the actual magnitude and frequency of the deviations. From memory airdata flags 70mv as a major deviation. This is silly. 100mv is more relevant. Frequency and duration then come into play.

What is the reported battery life %.

What was the last reported capacity?

You probably have no reason for concern however you haven’t provided enough information to assist.

Number of charge cycles is only one relevant factor. Age and how you have flown and stored them are more important in most cases, particularly with lower cycle counts.

Can’t make a call on the deviation page only. What was the actual magnitude and frequency of the deviations. From memory airdata flags 70mv as a major deviation. This is silly. 100mv is more relevant. Frequency and duration then come into play.

What is the reported battery life %.

What was the last reported capacity?

You probably have no reason for concern however you haven’t provided enough information to assist.

I started flying tri/quadcopters many years ago before dji came on the scene, I used to build my own and I used all types of lipos and never had a problem the only time I dumped the battery was when it started to swell, I do wonder if we are getting a bit paranoid about lipos, but saying that dji quads are a lot more expensive than self build so I suppose we have to be a lot more careful, I think I will replace at least No 3 battery as for the last 5-6 flights it has shown the same result, not getting worse or better.
this is a clip of No 3 battery
when I get a replacement battery do I have to calibrate it to my p3p?

Attachments

• Capture 4.JPG
    Capture 4.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 266
  • Capture 5.JPG
    Capture 5.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 254
I started flying tri/quadcopters many years ago before dji came on the scene, I used to build my own and I used all types of lipos and never had a problem the only time I dumped the battery was when it started to swell, I do wonder if we are getting a bit paranoid about lipos, but saying that dji quads are a lot more expensive than self build so I suppose we have to be a lot more careful, I think I will replace at least No 3 battery as for the last 5-6 flights it has shown the same result, not getting worse or better.
Having looked at the Airdata link you posted below you can send that battery to me when you replace it. I would have no reservations about flying with it. There are no major voltage deviations.

I can see where you are confused. Read again the explanation from healthy drones. It says to watch closely any battery that had 10 major deviations in a flight. Yours didn’t have one.

Reactions: Meta4
Having looked at the Airdata link you posted below you can send that battery to me when you replace it. I would have no reservations about flying with it. There are no major voltage deviations.

I can see where you are confused. Read again the explanation from healthy drones. It says to watch closely any battery that had 10 major deviations in a flight. Yours didn’t have one.

many thanks Meta4 and WTB
after what you said I'll carry on using it but only in open places
this is from battery No2, if you think battery No 3 is ok then this one is a bit better, biggest deviation was acending at 0.035, on No 3 the biggest deviation was 0.039, both only for a few seconds

Yip we all should be cautious when come to batt..my old p4 freefall cause of batt error,out of warranty which was worse,,,I personally think p3 range of battery's not as clever as p4 so they seem bit more durable,me old p3 batt on 3 cells but still flys normal without no smart return home being predicted by battery voltage drop,,p4 I think would have issues here....new p3p battery just put in and fly

.new p3p battery just put in and fly
thanks for this info.
are you saying that your p3p flys with only 3 cells, disregarding the smart return home

I would fly with all of those batteries, given I don't have any more info on them. I would use your airdata account to watch the major deviations - which I don't think you have any yet. See the attached photo of my oldest P3P battery. I am still flying with it, and it acts normally. Once in a while I get a few major deviations, but then doing a basic service maintenance (as described by airdata) and it clears up. Just look at you batteries using airdata after each flight. My number one battery (bat 1) has 96 charges/ flights on it. Still works good, but the capacity is down to 80% so I use it for shorter flights.........Also I store my batteries at about (3.85 volts per cell) 50% charge. I have found that major deviations seem to come and go. Just watch them after each flight using your airdata account. I love my airdata account. Well worth the small cost per year. I use to plot all the data by hand with Excel after each outing. That was a whole lot of work. Then airdata.com came on the scene! WOW!
airdata
Bat 1.jpg

And you probably haven’t missed the fact that Airdata is conservative in that 70mv triggers as a major deviation. The consensus among many who have long term real world experience with LiPO’s is that 100mv deviation is a more reasonable threshold. Depicted health percentage and flight time give as much if not more opportunity to assess the overall reliability and expected performance of a battery.

The answer is obvious. Meta4 had a brain fart thinking back to pre P3 days. It is part of the human condition we all suffer- no exceptions. yes, the P3 does fly a 4 cell HV LiPO battery.
You're right .. I was confusing it with the old P2 batteries which were the same shape as P3 batteries.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic