aggro, what to do?

Reaction score
I was flying today in my normal local field,, (I've got permission from all farmers in my village no problem) just landed and this guy new to the village, came storming in the field, "you've just flown over my house I'd rather you didn't with my binoculars I can see you got a camera on there and I don't want you doing it over my house".
the house he lives in is top center of the photo, from H to the phantom at the closest to his house was 356ft and measuring the difference to his house was the same, so I've composed this to shove through his door, what do you think, if I let him get away with it what next, stop me from flying my village?
==========================================================
I was born in this village 75 years ago and have the consent from all farmers to fly where I like using their land, I’ve been flying RC planes with cameras for longer than I can remember without a single complaint.

Now because I’ve had a “DRONE” with all the publicity they are getting obviously your one of the guys that believe we are spying on them. Not true, I’ve got no interest in MR KEEBEL’s house or what you’ve got in your garden, today my video camera was not running, all I was doing was setting up my aperture to take some photos of Lambert’s house that he had asked me to do, the nearest I got to MR KEEBLES house was 108 meters, the green pointer is where I was and the red triangle shows the nearest to you and pointing west not towards you. (measure the difference from me to the quad and from the quad to your house, info at the top of first picture) If your binoculars are that good you would have seen at no time was my camera pointing at you. I did take 4 photos at different setting but only at Howard’s yard.

Your first comment to me was, you have just flown over my house and I see you’ve got a camera on it with my binoculars (I was 108mts?away not over the house) when I said It’s all recorded on my tab you then said well about 50-60 mts, wrong again.

Also there’s no law against flying over houses, it’s just a CAA recommendation which I always have applied to.

So I now think you need to think before you accuse others of doing something that they are not,

Have a nice day

Attachments

• 100_0569.JPG
    100_0569.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 393
  • 100_0570.JPG
    100_0570.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 442
Reactions: mikesmiley
I think show him the flight you took on your tablet.
Show him the pictures.

Then offer to take some pictures of his house if he wants them.

He is reading papers and getting paranoid as what a drone can do and see.

Reactions: Mikepoo
ive been flying a phantom for a couple of years now and only one person has ever had a negative comment. i had a similar experience maybe a year ago, i was flying over a public irrigation ditch and one of my neighbors said the quad was too loud, i was about 300 ft up and more 500 ft away from his backyard, it wasn't too loud. when we spoke it turned out he was paranoid i was watching him in his backyard, i was like, "its not louder than a weedwacker, this is where i've been flying for years , if you have an issue with it i'm sorry, but i'm not near your house or even close to it, i told him im only out for 15 mins to an hour at a time, and he can find something else to do for that hour if its really a problem for him to coexist with my quadcopter" in retrospect i wonder if he was growing marijuana or something. i showed him what i could see from the tablet and suddenly he changed his tune, the noise was no longer an issue, i had been flying coaxial helicopters back there for years and suddenly i have a quadcopter and its an issue.....hes hasnt complained again , and will say hi if he sees me out flying.

Take a copy of the picture that shows his house and blur it out, then show him the picture and tell him that you set the azimuth on the geosynchronous orbiting satellites that covers his area to automatically blur all evidence of his special crops.

Kidding, but sometimes you just want to!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Take a copy of the picture that shows his house and blur it out, then show him the picture and tell him that you set the azimuth on the geosynchronous orbiting satellites that covers his area to automatically blur all evidence of his special crops.

Kidding, but sometimes you just want to!

I like this idea. I'd believe it.

Ha ha, put the right spin on it and you can get people to believe anything. God bless my mother, but I once convinced her that the flight to Hawaii was okay until we ran low on fuel and had to make a stop on an aircraft carrier. Bad son...

I was born in this village 75 years ago and have the consent from all farmers to fly where I like using their land, I’ve been flying RC planes with cameras for longer than I can remember without a single complaint.

Now because I’ve had a “DRONE” with all the publicity they are getting obviously your one of the guys that believe we are spying on them. Not true, I’ve got no interest in MR KEEBEL’s house or what you’ve got in your garden, today my video camera was not running, all I was doing was setting up my aperture to take some photos of Lambert’s house that he had asked me to do, the nearest I got to MR KEEBLES house was 108 meters, the green pointer is where I was and the red triangle shows the nearest to you and pointing west not towards you. (measure the difference from me to the quad and from the quad to your house, info at the top of first picture) If your binoculars are that good you would have seen at no time was my camera pointing at you. I did take 4 photos at different setting but only at Howard’s yard.

Your first comment to me was, you have just flown over my house and I see you’ve got a camera on it with my binoculars (I was 108mts?away not over the house) when I said It’s all recorded on my tab you then said well about 50-60 mts, wrong again.

Also there’s no law against flying over houses, it’s just a CAA recommendation which I always have applied to.

So I now think you need to think before you accuse others of doing something that they are not,

Have a nice day

IMHO, this is almost as aggressive as his approach to you and will more than likely fan the flames. I'd re-word it in more polite prose while suggesting that from the distances and heights you fly respective to his house that any concerns he might have about the potential for his privacy to be invaded - while justified - shouldn't be concerning. I'd invite him over to see a flight and to see how you aren't going to be able to look in windows or the like while flying where you fly. Offer him a pic or video of his house (so he can inspect the condition of his roof; a practical application), etc. Be neighborly, educate him, and don't take his concerns personally.

what has Canadians got to do with this?

BTW got this from a UK P3P owner.

you were more restrained with your wording than I would have been - how about, “++++ off and mind your own business” !!

Your area is getting more and more of a problem to fly. You seem to be living among arseholes who like to cause trouble.

Last edited:
what has Canadians got to do with this?

BTW got this from a UK P3P owner.

you were more restrained with your wording than I would have been - how about, “++++ off and mind your own business” !!

Your area is getting more and more of a problem to fly. You seem to be living among arseholes who like to cause trouble.

Someone mentioned the CAA and I assumed... and yes, I know what happens when you assume... :oops:

the truth will out ++++++++++++++++++++++
now I've found out why the guy had a go at me, apparently his "mother in law" lives in the converted garage without planning permission for residential use and not paying the council tax that they would have to pay if it was legalized,
say's it all, (be sure your sins will find you out):p

I'm just impressed that a 75 year old man is flying drones! That's awesome! I have 35 year old friends that are scared to pick them up and wouldn't take the time to learn because it's "too difficult". I tip my hat to you sir!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: mikesmiley and joet
Your are not correct when you say its a CAA recommendation to not fly over buildings, this is what is on the CAA web site

Drones fitted with cameras must not be flown:
  • within 50 metres of people, vehicles, buildings or structures
I would be very polite and explain that you are flying within the drone code. Invite him to come and watch you fly it and you will explain the rules. Have a copy of the CAA drone code and hopefully he won't bother you again.

I trust you have checked that you are not flying in a restricted area, just in case je decides to get nasty. As others have said your letter will just fan the flames

the truth will out ++++++++++++++++++++++
now I've found out why the guy had a go at me, apparently his "mother in law" lives in the converted garage without planning permission for residential use and not paying the council tax that they would have to pay if it was legalized,
say's it all, (be sure your sins will find you out):p

Oh well then..... The mischievous side of me just had a mischievous thought. Start penning that further letter [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik