Aftermarket antenna for phantom 3 standard

Reaction score
Looking for what the best option is for me to upgrade my remote. I'm mechanically skilled and an electronic background. Mostly using it for flying fields to look at crops. I seen ARGtek but I thought I seen another one posted on here awhile back. Any info would help. Thanks guys

Did you order off their site or amazon? That is the one I was thinking of also.

Yes, ordered on Amazon. That was just the first site that came up on the search. I paid the same price on Amazon...well worth the $.

Just got it installed tonight. Hopefully get to test it out tomorrow morning!

Shipping only took three days also so that was a relief.

Got it out to 5300 feet and came back. Definately worth the money!
That's good news,i'm waiting for a few farmers to either plow or cut the stubble down then see if I can get out to 3500 ft. without losing signal,I might push it a little farther it just depends on signal and battery left.

What kind of antenna are you running? I flew from one farm to the other over corn fields. Definately a little nerve racking

My remote still has the stock antenna.The corn here is tall and thick but it is finally starting to turn color.They probably wont run combines until late August.

Yea we didn't get corn in until late this year in Illinois.... maybe mid to late October.

The last oats and wheat have been out for at least a month but they were delayed with the rains we were getting.I havn't seen any Milo around here this year,think they all went corn but I don't travel around like I used to.

Got it out to 5300 feet and came back. Definately worth the money!
Hi Mitch,
How does this work with video feed back from the drone if at all?
I am very new to drones and only have 2 flying sessions under my belt but sometimes the video signal seems to drop out.
Any thoughts?
Cheers
Matt

Looking for what the best option is for me to upgrade my remote. I'm mechanically skilled and an electronic background. Mostly using it for flying fields to look at crops. I seen ARGtek but I thought I seen another one posted on here awhile back. Any info would help. Thanks guys

Where are you located Mitch ?

Hi Mitch,
How does this work with video feed back from the drone if at all?
I am very new to drones and only have 2 flying sessions under my belt but sometimes the video signal seems to drop out.
Any thoughts?
Cheers
Matt
I have the argtec antenna on my p3s. I have gone on top of mountains and have flown over 10,000' with few signal problems but when I turn around to come home I lose video signal and either have to fly by map or hit return to home. I squally don't get video back until I get within a mile

I have the argtec antenna on my p3s. I have gone on top of mountains and have flown over 10,000' with few signal problems but when I turn around to come home I lose video signal and either have to fly by map or hit return to home. I squally don't get video back until I get within a mile
Thanks Mullins,
I am very new to drones, RC and the Phantom so appreciate your comments!
Cheers,
Matt

Id strongly advise modifying the drones antennas too. Otherwise at distance you video signal will break up when you rotate, which is at best very annoying. Remove the two sideways facing patch antennas and fit two omni antenna to the legs, you won't have to worry about the drone orientation again, or losing video signal on RTH. Seriously i wish id done this right from the start. I use 2x6dbi and extended the landing gear, you could use shorter ones with less gain.

Reactions: ifly2high

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31